When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PO rep to gen

davea

So is there a OMEGA symbol in the crystal on the genuines? like on the "plexiglass crystals"

Confirmed by my new friend / Omega AD shop owner - only "plastics" have the logo, Speedmasters, Contellations, plastic Seamasters, all of them. She doesn't know when this practice has started, she thinks early 60's, but she'll try to ask for us in the next couple of days. Pre-moon speedies definitely have the logo, though

god damn so jealous!!! really wish I could afford a gen PO!! real nice one you got there? what size is it btw? are you selling your rep?

I bought a very clean pre-owned 45.5 with a 2500 movement. I thought I'd sell the rep when I received the gen, but..... I still wear the gen as an everyday piece.

nice.. i have the po45 in orange. i saw a someone wearing one the other day and thought my bracelet wasn't as shiny.. but mine looks exactly like yours in the pics so i'm not so worried now. i should probably take it somewhere to get polished or shined or something..

Lovely watch, reps are great but if a watch really calls to you it's worth looking for decent AD reductions or 2nd hand gens. wear it well. They are definitely gone up in price even 2nd hand and not everyone is enamoured by the thickness of the 8500...it is stunning though.

Confirmed by my new friend / Omega AD shop owner - only "plastics" have the logo, Speedmasters, Contellations, plastic Seamasters, all of them. She doesn't know when this practice has started, she thinks early 60's, but she'll try to ask for us in the next couple of days. Pre-moon speedies definitely have the logo, though

Just had a look on my Speedmaster Reduced and you can just make out the logo. It definitely pressed on the Hesalite crystal.

16567933.jpg

Expensive as it is, I couldn’t resist buying one:

Camera phone doesn’t do it justice.

picture030am.jpg

Edited by watchfinder_22