When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

JLC Grande Reverso Duo

calatrava

Classy watches...all three of them...ooopps did you say reverso ;)

What movement(s) is there in the reverso?

Thanks, that's certainly one attraction of this Reverso Duo, is that it has two faces (black and white), and is almost like having two watches for the price of one.

It has the JLC Calibre 986, which is a hand-winding, 28.8kbp movement, with 19 jewels, and 48 hour power reserve. At the first stop, the watch is in winding mode, in the second stop, you can move the hour hand backwards and forwards on the white dial in hour increments, and when one cycles the hours over a 24 hour cycle, then the date adjusts (backwards and forwards). In the third stop, the time in freely adjustable, and adjust both the white and black dials (synchronized, up to the hour offset set at the second stop).

312x292.png

This is a recent review of the watch:

http://www.ablogtoread.com/jaeger-lecoultre-grande-reverso-duoface-watch-review/

Thanks, that's certainly one attraction of this Reverso Duo, is that it has two faces (black and white), and is almost like having two watches for the price of one.

It has the JLC Calibre 986, which is a hand-winding, 28.8kbp movement, with 19 jewels, and 48 hour power reserve. At the first stop, the watch is in winding mode, in the second stop, you can move the hour hand backwards and forwards on the white dial in hour increments, and when one cycles the hours over a 24 hour cycle, then the date adjusts (backwards and forwards). In the third stop, the time in freely adjustable, and adjust both the white and black dials (synchronized, up to the hour offset set at the second stop).

312x292.png

This is a recent review of the watch:

http://www.ablogtore...e-watch-review/

It is a 2fold wonder

• 1 year later...

Hi.  Newbie here.  Looking for a high quality JLC Reverso.  Plain jane model.  Yours looks awesome and of good quality  Can you tell me the vendor you purchased it from?  I'm looking around online and the ones i've seen are priced from 85 to 175...not sure of the difference.  I'd like a good quality one and don't mind paying a bit more for authentic looking.  can you direct me to best vendor?  Thanks.  chadwool@gmail.com  (am i allowed to post my email?)  Appreciate any direction.  I don't have time to do days of research, would just like to find best seller/highest quality.

Hi Chad ~ keep in mind the nature of this hobby. It's shady at best. Edit your post, and remove your personal email address. Simply ask people to send you a message on the private message system (PM) existing on this board.

It's just in your best interest.

To answer your question, the trusted dealers do not make their own watches. Each of them buys from the very same factories as the other dealers. The list of trusted dealers is on the main page of the forum.

Here's a dealer list with an extensive collection.  http://www.watcheden.net/search-products--Reverso--common--1--0--1.html