When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Mod Team

KB

I'd knit that :)

I dont think Ken's post was meant in the ataboy spirit.

At the end of the day we are all watch enthusiasts first and many of us frequent other boards. We see what is written about us, like Jeff calling us the knitting crew.

It is a source of entertainment!

Now, who has the best sub?

Ken

I'm all for ranting, it cleans the throat and clears the mind. But I gotta ask: was there a direct attack on any of you guys or the whole team?

I get the overall impression that you guys are enormously well respected. The occasional criticism is usually directed at specific decisions you guys have to take; and everyone understands they're not easy ones to take.

The team's respect and credibility is based not only on the fact that you guys have seemingly been around forever. It stems from your willingness to discuss openly, accept criticism and act only after reflection and based on hard facts.

I've followed the SQL discussion. Edge criticised what he thought was lack of action, Offshore did the same (based on a former disagreement I guess). You guys answered and acted after collecting all the facts AND after SQL could defend himself. That is not the easy route but it's the right one. And I bet my WM9 Sub that the large majority of people here understand and respect this.

Now if some punk comes around and still is not satisfied with the actions you take as a team let them. That's just a ripple in the ocean.

Thanks for doing a great job here guys.

Have a nice day, all.

Val.

I agree with Val. And as a former admin myself it annoyed me to see the criticism...there are a lot of things that go on in the back ground. Not sure if the RWG team did a post mortem. You guys handled it well...collected info and made a decision. My 2 cents for next time, if I may, would be to set the expectation of when an action will be done. I think it would help to communicate this.

Funny that the other two "major" boards were giving RWG a "virtual tar and feathering" for not immediately banning the perp but went totally silent after judgement was rendered. In my opinion there are a few folks who owe appologies for their attitudes and insinuations during this process...

In my opinion there are a few folks who owe appologies for their attitudes and insinuations during this process...

JMB-

We are thicker skinned than that. There will always be people who are unhappy with any current government. The difference here is we are not a democracy. We are a meritocracy. ;) Seriously, when you have a mod team with average tenure going back years you may be a little slower to pull the trigger but do typically end up with the right answer.

Seriously, when you have a mod team with average tenure going back years you may be a little slower to pull the trigger but do typically end up with the right answer.

@W - Agreed...

@All - I think the shots Ken is referring to are from Offshore in the Sql loop and from Reg over at RG...

Both peeps that have had a long history with T and both chose to walk away and lash out...

Sad really...

But as I've always said - Where People Gather, Life Happens...

Forum life really is like real life...

Nuff sd...

TT