When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

April 6th wrist check

hurt eesta

img_5698.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

ERMI automatic, don't know much about it. Just picked it up at the post today. A recent eBay purchase all the way from Poland. The seller claimed it was a swiss automatic but there weren't any markings other than the indicated 25 jewel movement so I wasn't overly concerned with it actually having a Swiss origin. The rotor on the movement is labeled "Rotor-Record". Did a little bit of digging and I found another ERMI watch using a Forster movement, which I understand is actually a German maker. I like it all the same :). I belive the automatic movement winds no matter which way the rotor is turning. All in all a nice little vintage dress watch.

• Like 1

img_5698.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

ERMI automatic, don't know much about it. Just picked it up at the post today. A recent eBay purchase all the way from Poland. The seller claimed it was a swiss automatic but there weren't any markings other than the indicated 25 jewel movement so I wasn't overly concerned with it actually having a Swiss origin. The rotor on the movement is labeled "Rotor-Record". Did a little bit of digging and I found another ERMI watch using a Forster movement, which I understand is actually a German maker. I like it all the same :). I belive the automatic movement winds no matter which way the rotor is turning. All in all a nice little vintage dress watch.

ERMI was owned by Ernst Mitschele from Pforzheim. He was primarily an assembler, using ETA and Forster movements.

• Like 1

ERMI was owned by Ernst Mitschele from Pforzheim. He was primarily an asembler, using ETA and Forster movements.

Thanks for the info! So it may in fact have a swiss movement. Not that it changes my opinion of the watch. Were there many ETA movements from 30+ years ago that wound no matter the way the rotor is turning? That feature might be what the term "Rotor-Record" meant? Its a non hacking movement and its keeping very good time. Its clearly a high quality watch and has withstood the test of time with flying colors.

Thanks for the info! So it may in fact have a swiss movement. Not that it changes my opinion of the watch. Were there many ETA movements from 30+ years ago that wound no matter the way the rotor is turning? That feature might be what the term "Rotor-Record" meant? Its a non hacking movement and its keeping very good time. Its clearly a high quality watch and has withstood the test of time with flying colors.

If it's a Förster it is a bi-directional automatic movement. I am not sure about the earlier movements, but you could find that information at the following two sites:

http://www.christophlorenz.de/watch/movements/e/eta/index.php?l=en

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&a&2uswk

Dr. Ranfft has an excellent archive with great information on thousands of movements.

• Like 1