When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen 16610 Parts?

ArkoN

I think these parts are gen, pictures are a little bit small. I did get these parts for 145 swiss francs(158$ US) at a swiss auction site like ebay.

62050798.th.jpg

91317235.th.jpg

84220509.th.jpg

24420974.th.jpg

92591487.th.jpg

What do you guys think? I will use these parts for my TC Sub :-) I was just looking for an bezel insert.

The Insert may incorrect for that series, but who would notice that if everybody always assume the watch is fake anyways. I have one of those on my TC and I love it.

well maybe thats why the assume its fake :D

i think the OP would notice...now.

as well as the aficionados. if youre going big, might as well strive for accuracy when youre investing this amount of cash

but thats just me.

as well as the aficionados. if youre going big, might as well strive for accuracy when youre investing this amount of cash

but thats just me.

+1

and it´s not all about what others think, as soon as I know a detail it bugs me

I own a gen 16610 V Series. I could destroy the insert, add it to my gen. And send it to Rolex to get a new one? :-)

Ohhhh no wait, better. I just swap the insert out of my gen one and say I lost it, would that work? ;)

Or I just sell it and buy the newer one.

Edited by ArkoN

but thats just me.

whatever, these people don't even know about watches, I am talking about the normal people not freaks like us.

I own a gen 16610 V Series. I could destroy the insert, add it to my gen. And send it to Rolex to get a new one? :-)

Ohhhh no wait, better. I just swap the insert out of my gen one and say I lost it, would that work? ;)

Or I just sell it and buy the newer one.

Wow, I just had a similar conversation with ubi;

I have a mark I insert (flat 4) and mark II everything for my etaSwiss build.

The mark I had no lug holes so the insert could be correct for a 16610T case, but the mark I dial is different than the mark II dial so anyone than knows anything about the 16610 would instantly know my watch is in fact a terrible fake and should be thrown away with the rubbish!

Haha that's funny stuff right there!! I personally don't give a rats behind that my insert is mark I and my dial, hands, crown, clasp and mid links are mark II. It would be like telling your hot girlfriend you don't like her because her left nip is smaller than her right...

I personally like the flat 4 insert better than the triangle. It's why I used one. If someone has a problem with it, oh well! ;)

Rant over...

The mark I had no lug holes so the insert could be correct for a 16610T case, but the mark I dial is different than the mark II dial so anyone than knows anything about the 16610 would instantly know my watch is in fact a terrible fake and should be thrown away with the rubbish!

Haha that's funny stuff right there!! I personally don't give a rats behind that my insert is mark I and my dial, hands, crown, clasp and mid links are mark II. It would be like telling your hot girlfriend you don't like her because her left nip is smaller than her right...

I personally like the flat 4 insert better than the triangle. It's why I used one. If someone has a problem with it, oh well! ;)

Rant over...

would it still not bother you to have an open 6 and 9 16800 datewheel to match your 16800 insert?

Rant over...

The LV mark I is the only 16610T with flat 4 afaik. 16610 cases for 16610LN with flat 4 have lugholes. If you do not agree I would be happy if you could post a pic where you have seen a 16610T with flat 4 and SL dial which is not a LV. Then I would be convinced :)

The flat 4 insert went out around 2002-3- here's a P serial w/ lugholes, flat 4 insert, 'Swiss Made' dial and SEL bracelet

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROLEX-Submariner-Stainless-Steel-Black-Face-BOX-PAPERS-16610-LNIB-/140737554144?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item20c49ca6e0

Next up is a Y serial from 2003- still has lugholes, triangle 4 insert and 'Swiss Made' dial, SEL bracelet

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rolex-Submariner-16610-Steel-2003-Y-WOW-/110856654188?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item19cf924d6c

I agree that a flat 4 insert is not correct for a 16610T case. But what if an AD changed out a damaged insert w/ a NOS flat 4 insert- it's still 100% gen Rolex! Sometimes we worry about this stuff too much.