When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Well, I Got My First Two Reps

tonibari

Here we go, got my first two Replicas. I decided to go with one of the all time classics the Rolli Sub. Eta movement, sapphire crystal, cyclone in the right position (might be a little too large on the magnification though), Crown looks good. Not sure about the band, I’m still not sure what makes a band look and feel more genuine. Read a lot of things about hollow end links and tubes in the links. If someone can help me out what I’m looking for in the band would be much appreciated.

The second one is the Omega Seamaster Professional. I love this watch; the 42mm face looks great. Again, the rep has an Eta movment and a sapphire crystal. The He valve is off and in the ten o’clock position, but the bezel is aligned in the right way. The band has the screws in the end links, not sure if that is correct, I think I read the original has pins not screws.

Toni

post-3446-1162699481_thumb.jpg

post-3446-1162699545_thumb.jpg

post-3446-1162699593_thumb.jpg

post-3446-1162699704_thumb.jpg

Two classic pieces to start your collection off. My first rep was a SMP. Will always be one of my favorites. The sub is calling to me, but I don't know if I am a Rolex sort of a guy. Enjoy them! :D

Yep, I've been there too! Thought that Rolex was too notorious as a rep mark in the world (outside RWG anyway!). Looked at look-alikes from lesser notorious brands but these didn't stare back at me like the (deep) black beauties from Rolex. I thought I should start with a nice one previously owned by a RWG member, to keep costs of a possbible disappointment lower.

Now it has become one of my daily favourites. And I'm looking for a RWG member that will part of his/her modded Sub with more so called 'rehaut' and re-lumed markers/hands. :wub:

Only disadvantage if you already own a SMP (Bond or classic): your environment generally won't notice the difference when you're wearing them! :yu:

Actually here's a nice review on the minute differences between the two gens:

Comparative review: Seamaster versus Submariner

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
Excellent choices. I myself am looking to pick up a SMP. Anyone here have recommendations for a dealer for this watch?

Got mine from Joshua, very pleased with it. It's the ETA version, very weighty, well built, and once the bezel is re-aligned (first thing I did), a very convincing piece. By the way, keeps good time too.