When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

7032 Crystal

gplracer

I had a gen 128 that I screwed up when installing the DW bezel, so when I get the black Phong bezel it didn't fit, but Phong sent me an aftermarket crystal that is very close to the original and costs about 20% of it. They are on ebay (look for the 7031 bezel and you find them):

TMCB-A1-2.jpg

TMCB-A2-3.jpg

TMCB-3-6.jpg

Wow that crystal looks really good! Thanks for the tip!!

Out of curiosity, which bracelet and end links are you using on your 7031?

The genuine crystal, or a good-quality aftermarket unit like donerix's, is a massive improvement over DW's. The stock DW 7032 crystal is brittle, and has poor optics--best exhibited by the funhouse cyclops.

Here's the problem: Fitting a gen or gen-spec crystal is a big headache on the later DW 7032 cases. It's not just a matter of trimming the bezel's inner diameter, as on the DW Daytonas. You also have to contend with a rehaut lip that is nearly 0.5mm too narrow for the crystal. I can't figure out a solution that doesn't involve gobs of glue, unfortunately.

Imo gen is overpriced but it's worth the upgrade, I have been searching for a while for a gen but in the end clark sent me a gen for free, yes, for free, such a gent he is. It was lying in his parts bin for years... If I wouldn't have gotten this one I would have picked the Phong as it seems quite close.

Maybe Phong gave me a better price because I also bought the black bezel from him. I paid $35 for the crystal.

And it was a tight fit but with a little bit of force the Phong bezel went 99.9% down which you really can't see.

The DW bezel does not take neither gen nor Phong crystal without sanding it to make the inner diameter larger.

• 2 months later...