When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Expert advice on explorer 2 white dial

the_rymeister

Hi guys

I'm going to be going to an all white wedding in August so what a perfect excuse to purchase another rep :)

I'm currently looking at the 42mm white dial explorer 2 form josh.

being a gmt with extra hands, extra parts In the movement ect what movement would you all reccomend?

Swiss eta 2836-2, Asian eta 2836-2,Asian 2813

I would normally go with Swiss ete but don't really know too much about these gmt.

Are there any major tells with this model I would need to rectify? I noticed that some had the triangle marker at 12 miss aligned with the coronet, anything else off?

Any advice or experience with the explorer 2 and movements would be great :)

Picture update to show model in question :)

1b584124.jpg

I'd go with the Asian 2836-2 ( the swiss costs more and there's no guarantee you'll actually get a gen swiss mvt.)

Many claim the 2813 is an excellent/reliable GMT mvt.

And it may very well be.

I've never used them for the simple fact that they are a 21,600 mvt.

I've never had any issues with the 2836-2 OR Asian 2836-2...ICHS

i got josh asian cheap one with free delivery for the money its fine keeps great time breaking in the bracelet i oiled and rubbed the bracelets so it feels better on but for $158 you cant really argue just make sure the black lettering on the inserts ok my first one was a bit off

i have bought an aftermarket insert which im going to try and buff down and oxidise the lettering for a wee trial effect

you guys are easy to please :)

i think the watch in Ingenieur's sales thread look horrible - the bezel is totally off - the Date-font fills the complete date window - which looks shitty -

and i can not see any AR - effect on the cyclo ...

cheers,

Frank

you guys are easy to please :)

i think the watch in Ingenieur's sales thread look horrible - the bezel is totally off - the Date-font fills the complete date window - which looks shitty -

and i can not see any AR - effect on the cyclo ...

cheers,

Frank

Are you referring to the bezel off centre? And this seems to be a standard mis build on this rep with the date being to big.

Do you know of any other flaws on these reps?

Hence why I've put a thread up asking about advice on this rep :)

Are you referring to the bezel off centre? And this seems to be a standard mis build on this rep with the date being to big.

Do you know of any other flaws on these reps?

Hence why I've put a thread up asking about advice on this rep :)

no - the hole numerals - print looks off 2me - not bold enough - to far off-center

the Date wheel could be fixed maybe with an BK or TC DW overlay - this is what would bother me most ;)

i also don't like the CGs - the look less defined on the outside and with too much material on the inside.

cheers,

Frank

no - the hole numerals - print looks off 2me - not bold enough - to far off-center

the Date wheel could be fixed maybe with an BK or TC DW overlay - this is what would bother me most ;)

i also don't like the CGs - the look less defined on the outside and with too much material on the inside.

cheers,

Frank

I agree buddy the date is deffinatly what bothers me the most, hopefully bk or tc may have a Dwo which we could use, and the crown guards is an easy fix for a modder :)