When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just recieved my watch, how do I turn it on?

The lap timer function of the reset button is pretty neat. Is that just for quartz watches or do some automatic genuine watches also offer that?

Only if you spend a lot of money for a ratarapant equipped movement. Where you have 2 large seconds hands and one can be paused to read the lap time and then when restarted it wil re sync to the other large seconds hand

This was my very first real rep as well as my very first chrono watch. And I would not have just returned it as defective I would have e-mailed dealer first if the response here was something else. And by real rep I mean with a working chronograph. The other rep I have of this watch does not have a working chronograph. And I only purchased that non chronograph rep just last month. The rep from last month month was the first rep I ever purchased

So in summary, yes I am a noob when it comes to chrono watches and reps. I only joined this forum about 1.5 weeks ago because I was after one watch (the non chrono version of the SMP) but after reading some of the thread in this forum I realized that the chrono version would be a better way to go

Edited by TimeStopper45

Also please understand that I am only a broke college student and do not have the money to buy nice expensive chrono watches like a lot of people here. Ive only wanted the SMP non-chrono watch since 1997 but I just didn't know that they made replica for it until very recently. And I was just planning on buying the gen in a few years when I have a real job and career.

It's ok man, your question is very legitimate. Keep having fun here and hopefully you'll participate in in the wrist checks!When I was a noob, I thought that to wind a submariner you had to twist the bezel hahaha.