When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 16570 Exp II - BK Noob Exp II Back From The Spa......

Mapman57

What a week I am having...another fave back in the stable this week :D

My BK modded Noob Exp II with some extra Franken goodness.......the picture is not great, but believe me this really is a big difference. :cool:

So WHAT do you see? :g:

IMG-20120501-03056.jpg

IMG-20120501-03056v1.jpg

IMG-20120501-03056v2.jpg

:play_ball:

Edited by Mapman57

Damn, CG's are nice! I've always thought it was the weak point, and I believed it was not fixable because of lacking of material.

Is it the current version or the old noob?

Another issue was the LEC, so is it a gen crystal right?

Gen crown as well..

I never understood why the members didn't get this watch when it was still available. It became popular long after it was out of production.

Great rep!

7.jpg

Crystal ??

Could you explain how you solved the crown guard issue because there is material missing imo on the noob case.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Gen dial??

Its the original Noob factory dial - still the best available (other than Gen of course!)

This picture was taken before the latest upgrade - the Crystal is a Krysworks 295/c-2 with no LEC.

IMG_4923.jpg

Noob M serial case from original BK Noob Exp II

Swiss based eta movement - ICHS

Noob dial and hands

Rehaut shaved to remove engraving (by BK)

CG's modded

BK tube installed

Gen Rolex crown installed

Krysworks crystal 295/C-2 and gasket installed

and finally

Gen 16570 Bezel installed with O ring ............

;)

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, the noob case can take a gen crystal?

Looks awesome!

It's not a Gen crystal guys...............

Where can i find that crystal? That's very very nice..

It's a Krysworks crystal 295/C-2 and gasket installed

csr295c2Title.gif

csr295ci.gif Description Generic Rolex® replacement sapphire crystal for 295/C-2. For Rolex® Submariners, GMT Master I & II. Includes special 295-C2 gasket.

Fits Rolex® Cases:

16550, 16570, 16610, 16613, 16618, 16700, 16710, 16713, 16718, 16758, 16760, 16800, 16803, 16808

$27.50

Maps, a question if I may please mate. How would you rank this crystal against BK's TW crystals?

Disregarding fit, waterproofness, edge detail etc etc my peeve with rep crystals has always been their clarity, but the TW crystals on my Bk's look very good imho. I've got 4 gen crystals here to hand but if these are $27.50 that's hard to beat if they're fairly good, and better than most rep crystals.

Congrats on the upgrades too, they're a great watch and my polar BK Ex2 gets out the house often enough.

Comments, thoughts, please Maps, or anyone else.

LB - thanks for the feedback. When I get a chance I will pop up a comparison of the Noob bezel and the Gen bezel - the Noob is good, but there are key differences.

I really can't comment on the TW crystals, as I have never owned or handled one. My BK GMT Noob had the original Noob crystal fitted from memory.

In my opinion, this is a great spec crystal and has excellent clarity and date mag. It has generated a lot of interest in real life and across the forums; and from the research I made it was reputably the best upgrade available. Others might chime in on that view?

There is no LEC to be concerned over and the Krysworks site is appealing to Gen (and homage) owners, more than the Rep market from what I can see.

For the money, I would try one if you have a build in mind, I don't think you will be disappointed, I am very happy with it?

My only comment is that it appears to 'smear' a lot - kind of tricky to keep really clean and clear???

SO the Gen Bezel was a good fit?

Yes, no problem. The Noob and Gen are pretty spot on size for size.

Main differences are -

font and inlay fill on numbers - smooth and fill fill finish on Gen

Radial brushed polish on Gen - though mine is a 'little used' - came out of a friendly watchsmith service!

Gen has an o ring on the underside that seals/seats against the case

I will pop some comparison pictures up later in the week, if there is any interest.

As the Krysworks crystal and gasket are supposedly OEM spec, I expect this model takes an oem crystal as well?