When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Almost perfect :(

ldegeneve

Don't you just hate it when this happens?

I just got this back from one of the modders. I won't say who because he's such a nice guy I don't want to disparage his name.

Yes folks, I don't know if this is nitpicking. But the dial is off by a degree, leaning down towards the 3 o'clock side. I wish it was photographic distortion, but it's pretty clear in real life too.

Funny story: even my wife, who at first tried to convince me it was straight so that I wouldn't obsess about watches again, had to agree with me because it's pretty clear. Ach. If you can't tell, look at how the bezel, aligned to the dial, isn't aligned to the case.

7148393801_35e721917d_z.jpg

This watch has been sent back to the modder once already (long story), and this whole thing started in Late February. So before you ask, I don't think I'll be sending it back one more time. I guess I'll just have to look for a local guy.

Just wanted to air out my rant. Happy Sunday y'all.

Edited by ldegeneve

I know what you are feeling. Once you noticed that the dial is of centered it will attrack your attention every minute.

I once had such a watch and I didn't wear the watch anymore till it was fixed.

Get it fixed soon and wear the beauty.

Carpe Diem

Cats

It gets worse, folks. I tried setting the time on it and was happily doing so until...

7149926403_8184660f5d_z.jpg

It just came off. Didn't force it or anything. What the hell. I told the guy to make sure everything was in good working order before sending it out. So much for that.

Edited by ldegeneve

Might be useful to name the modder since you asked him twice if i'm not mistaken to do the job properly.

If we know who did this work we are warned.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Might be useful to name the modder since you asked him twice if i'm not mistaken to do the job properly.

If we know who did this work we are warned.

The modder is CLS, who can be found on the other forums. He was professional throughout, and I'm guessing he is just swamped right now. We're all human and we all make mistakes.

I just happened to be at the short end of that one! Ha.

If it did not break off, then I suppose it needs a bit of thread locking compound on the stem to make it more permanent and since the date in the window looks great I think the movement/dial assembly needs to be rotated in the case a little bit to correct your clockwise offset

problem with these MBW is that there are no dial feeds -

crown is just unscrewed from the stem - both is an easy fix.

but i agree - should not happen and would [censored] me off ;)

cheers,

Frank