When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

7032 monte carlo hands don't fit

janeto72

Hi everyone,

i am in the process of finishing a build of a tudor monte carlo....i have a set of DW hands for the sub dials and they don't fit properly......12 hour hand just sits loose and spins......and 45 min hand a little tighter but is still loose....any sugesstions? Can't get the DW hands anymore.....can i try some different hands or what can i do to use these ones....As well,

is the stem on the 45 minute sub dial thicker than the 12 hour stem?

thanks in advance....

The Yuki hands are the better ones that are closer to the gens.

They're built better, and they have the unpainted centers (which can be a crap-shoot on the DWs: winners get steel, losers get brass), but the Yuki subdial hands are much skinnier than the gens.

They're built better, and they have the unpainted centers (which can be a crap-shoot on the DWs: winners get steel, losers get brass), but the Yuki subdial hands are much skinnier than the gens.

+1

This DW 7032 subdial hands loser x2 can confirm that this statement is very true..

@janeto: My first DW subdial set had to be pinched to fit properly on the 7734 - my watchmaker measured them and found out they were 7750 sized..

Morning M, how about the CWP hand set? I went for the longer and correctly coloured seconds hand after your review on all of the hand sets available. I know they're painted white but would it be possible to remove the paint at the stem end?

Cheers M

Morning M, how about the CWP hand set?

I'm not sure. When I ordered the set from CWP, it only included 3 hands as they didn't have any subdial hands in stock.

(Similarly, I've been wanting to order another orange sweep by itself, but Michael says it's all or nothing.)

Subdial hands on the left look too fat. The ones on the right look too thin. Sorry, Goldilocks. :(

The subdial hands of Phong look good to me, though.

modelizer: That handset would look better if the hour and minute didn't have that those pinched "handles" on their tails. My old CWP hands had the same shape, but they didn't have the edge running down the centers.

modelizer: That handset would look better if the hour and minute didn't have that those pinched "handles" on their tails. My old CWP hands had the same shape, but they didn't have the edge running down the centers.

You are absolutely right about the "handles" M. Was at the office when I posted it and my 7032 has not been worn in a while, so the accurate Yuki/ gen hour and minute hand shape was not fresh in my mind. But the other hands looks good me thinks!

That set looks really good Modelizer. Where from?

They are from a HK based seller on chrono24. Hour and minute hand could use a little modding to get rid of the "handles" though.. :)

For now my DW case set is using the DW modified hands. I cut down the minute hand and baked the hell out of the entire set with dial. I have Eric's black dial.

@Modelizer

I would take that hand set as is. The handles don't bother me too much but seems easily fixed. How much ?

Here another looser with brass hands, I have a set of Yuki hands, but the lume color is way off, so I decided to stay with the looser hands :)

Wow - That's a new one for me! Never seen the brass version of the DW hour and minute hands before! For me it has "only" been the subdial hands when removing the paint in the centre. Let me know if you need a DW hour and minute hand in steel (or what looks like it) mate - should have a new and unused pair in one of my parts boxes somewhere..

I would take that hand set as is. The handles don't bother me too much but seems easily fixed. How much ?

He's asking $88 shipped. Let me know if you are thinking about placing an order. I would not mind swapping my brassy subdial hands, so maybe we can work out a better price if ordering two sets?

Yuki charges 65 for his sets. I am sure we can come up with a better deal combined. I'm game. Now, the issue with the minute hand length can always be worked out, but hopefully these are just the right length.

E

Did someone say Brass/gold Monte Carlo? Talk about a true 70s coke watch!

Yuki charges 65 for his sets. I am sure we can come up with a better deal combined. I'm game. Now, the issue with the minute hand length can always be worked out, but hopefully these are just the right length.

Alrighty then.. PM time!

[Edit: Your inbox seems to be full mate]

Edited by modelizer

I'm in for an order as well. The brass subdial hands drive me crazy and I'd like to update my chrono seconds hand as well. Those subdial hands look great

Sounds like we have a no brass group buy going on! Awesome - will include you in the PM mate! :)

Check now?

I'll check again.. ;)

[Edit: Still no luck buddy]

Edited by modelizer

+1

This DW 7032 subdial hands loser x2 can confirm that this statement is very true..

@janeto: My first DW subdial set had to be pinched to fit properly on the 7734 - my watchmaker measured them and found out they were 7750 sized..

Ya i tried pinching them too and it really didn't help....

Ya i tried pinching them too and it really didn't help....

Ouch! Sorry to hear that mate.. But the DW subdial hands is really a hit or miss unfortunately.. Hence the reason for this thread to unfold into a small "group buy".. You want in? (Sorry for the hijack BTW)