When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ie7 'install' Button In My Tray...

Usil

I have had the IE7 install button sitting in my tray for several days and everytime I click to bring it up, I can not bring myself to install it. I plan on doing a complete backup before I do this and before I do that I have a lot of cleanup I need to do.

So, anyone installed this yet and was it worth it? (I have XP professional).

Usil

I run Firefox and I don't have any prob's with it but I couple it with Incredimail.

However the other day I was offered to update to version 7 in Firefox but when I read down the requirements one line said 'a credit card' and I said no thanks.

Ken

I've been using IE7 for some time now. I have not had a single problem, even with the beta version. I recently replaced the beta with the RTM version. It's great. Excellent new features. Check out the reviews if you have any doubts.

You should back up your data periodically even if you never install a single new application, as well as any time you make a significant change such as installing new hardware or software. As far as doing a full system backup, you need to make that call based on the complexity of your system and how labor and time intensive that would be. Cleanup (almost) never hurts either, although with 100 gigabyte systems it's easy to let unused applications and other junk pile up.

I run Firefox and I don't have any prob's with it but I couple it with Incredimail.

However the other day I was offered to update to version 7 in Firefox but when I read down the requirements one line said 'a credit card' and I said no thanks.

Ken

That sounds strange Ken

:blink: Firefox 2 and IE7 are both free :blink:

So, anyone installed this yet and was it worth it? (I have XP professional).

It's better than IE6, for what that's worth. Safe enough to install, too.

Sure, at work (Windows for work, Mac for home) I run Firefox most of the time, but on the few sites that require IE, IE7 seems better than IE6.

If it's too slow, there's something wrong, I find it faster than IE.

i find it faster too...yesterday i installed the firefox 2.0...and all my bookmarks got lost...couldn't upload them in the new firefox...so i went back on the old version...

i wanted to replace outlook...so you say thunderbird is ok...i'll give it a try...just have to find it...

i find it faster too...yesterday i installed the firefox 2.0...and all my bookmarks got lost...couldn't upload them in the new firefox...so i went back on the old version...

i wanted to replace outlook...so you say thunderbird is ok...i'll give it a try...just have to find it...

Just goto Bookmarks menu/Organize bookmarks and then export them... Re-import in FF2

Like some have said above; IE7 is perfectly safe to install and you won't loose any of your settings and should not have any problems.

When it comes to recommending browsers, I personally recommend Opera. It's fast, has more functions built in than FF (like the "can't-live-without-it-mouse-gestures"). Opera also have a nifty function that you can install; Internet Explorer Rendering. With the click of a button, a new tab is opened in opera, using the Internet Explorers rendring machine, so you do in fact have a internet explorer page inside opera. Perfect to use if you have problems with certain pages ;)

T

Like some have said above; IE7 is perfectly safe to install and you won't loose any of your settings and should not have any problems.

When it comes to recommending browsers, I personally recommend Opera. It's fast, has more functions built in than FF (like the "can't-live-without-it-mouse-gestures"). Opera also have a nifty function that you can install; Internet Explorer Rendering. With the click of a button, a new tab is opened in opera, using the Internet Explorers rendring machine, so you do in fact have a internet explorer page inside opera. Perfect to use if you have problems with certain pages ;)

T

I get those mouse gestures and IE rendering with Firefox with some of the gazillions of add-ons available :bleh: