When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need Opinion on TC versus BK subs

Guest watch4king

Guest watch4king

I'm trying to decide between a TC or a BK sub. Both look awesome but since I have never seen one in person it's hard to decide.

What would you guys recommend?

1.)new sel with bracelet and gen looking crown on the clasp...in the works

2.) new date wheel overlay true to gen with raised gloss print and white background.....in the works

3.) sapphire domed superlumed pearl true to gen...in the works

Get a BIGCROWN gen spec with soft edges sapphire crystal w AR coating under the cyclops and you will have the best sub in town.

Join THE TC SUB CLUB!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot speak of what the future may bring however I know facts...

I have been collecting reps actively over 2 years coming from the gen world on TZ and have been into reps of HBB and now Rolexes, I will have to say that to this day my daily watch is the one and only out of the box perfect TW Black & LV subs.

You see Bert is your only option if you want the next best thing after the geNuine Rolexes. Regarding the TC hype all i have to say with full confidence is the following:

TC sub is a wm9 sub. It's great! but it's not clearly a winner over the TW sub because of the shorter bezel teeth, poor pearl, so-so SELs, distorted cyclop with over magnification.

If indeed there will be some "Improvements" we will have to wait and see the end results before we say anything so time will tell.

As of this day Bert is THE one to beat :)

Edited by 1234

there are big changes coming with the TC...out of the box it is the best. With new improved upgrades that will be offered, absolutely nothing will touch it other than gen....The TC is WM9 V4, but TC has pushed the nvelope to make it the best. I recently tested a TC case under pressure and got it to 10 ATM easily.I would not be surprised if it rivals gen to 300m.

Remember also that the Noob factory is supposed to be releasing a whole range of new Rolex sports models in the future....When in the future I do not know but if they are as good as the current Panerai range we will be in for a treat.

Edited by bwhitesox

I'm trying to decide between a TC or a BK sub. Both look awesome but since I have never seen one in person it's hard to decide.

What would you guys recommend?

In the same position. Bk is tried and true. But I'd really like the gen like insert and bezel assembly.

Suppose I'll hold out for the Tc improvements :(

Sent from TK-421's comms using Tapatalk

there are big changes coming with the TC...out of the box it is the best. With new improved upgrades that will be offered, absolutely nothing will touch it other than gen....The TC is WM9 V4, but TC has pushed the nvelope to make it the best. I recently tested a TC case under pressure and got it to 10 ATM easily.I would not be surprised if it rivals gen to 300m.

Hymmm - actually if you want to be correct then "out of the box" would more than likely be BK due to better dial, slightly better SEL, better insert and white date wheel. TC has better crown height, cannon pin (hand height from dial) and strap has hollow mid links but that's an easy fix. Crystal is really 6 and half a dozen. The fix's mentioned that TC is working on (as i understand) are SEL, date wheel and pearl and when these are done I have no doubt that these will make a big difference.

The water resistant thing is [censored] as they are both capable of being very good in this area - more to do with the care that goes into construction.

Jasf2002: I guess after all we geeks have more options to choose from, a I mentioned it above let's wait and see what the end product will be. As we speak BK remains the one to beat especially since TC sub is not clearly a winner over the TW sub because of the shorter bezel teeth, poor pearl, so-so SELs, distorted cyclop with over magnification...etc.

Cannot wait for round 2 lol

My BK TW sub is spot on perfect. The most glaring flaw of the TC sub is that horrific pearl but a Clark or genuine insert addresses that issue. If you go the TC route buy it without the insert. TC has a quite a few cheerleaders and every time i see "join the TC SUB CLUB" I have to laugh.

In the same position. Bk is tried and true. But I'd really like the gen like insert and bezel assembly.

Suppose I'll hold out for the Tc improvements :(

Sent from TK-421's comms using Tapatalk

Just ask Bk to put a gen insert in, pretty sure he can do that

Just ask Bk to put a gen insert in, pretty sure he can do that

+1 to what woof said.

I had BK install a gen insert on his 16610 and it looks perrrfect! On top of that, BK's a real nice guy to deal with. You won't go wrong with his knowledge and experience on Rolex.

I will wait until the so called TC V5 is released before commenting...it looks promising but I cannot speak yet :)

What I do know is that Bert is an amazing person to deal with and my BK rollies get daily comments and are not modded and have been running like a geuine for months, fully WR...etc.

Some fellow geeks start modding with gen parts, I am extremely happy with the out of the box version from Bert.

Having said that should you be really anal you could always ask BK for a geuine: Crown, tube, insert...etc and doing so it will be the best watch money can buy after the genuine one.

I did see also for those hardcores an offering from BigCrown for AR'ed cyclops!

Once you start modding you'll realize there's no limits until your wallet gives in :)

I've had both and a gen. I could not live with the BK crown position and unloaded it for a TC. I emailed TC on a Wednesday and had my watch on Friday, that was 2 months ago and it's been on my wrist since. TC for me is almost perfect with no noticeable tells. It's a keeper of heirloom quality I plan to pass down to my son proudly!

The TC Sub is the best.Period.

There will upgrades that to improve on it.

There is a list of upgrades in the works......some of these upgrades are in their final stages and just about ready for production.Other upgrades are still in the drawing stage; but TC is making progress that the factories have negleted.

We have the best sub....TC is refining on it. It is so close to gen.......it's scary!