When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So my wife has fallen in love with a gen white formula 1... ouch!

TonyUK

Whadathafook!... all i know is that i saw a £4k price tag out of the corner of my eye while i was dragging her away from the jewellers window....

all the while with her mumbling something about 40 being some sort of "birthday milestone" or some such crap....

I'm thinking... nice rep + nice box.... = mucho brownie points and perhaps even a litlle rumpity tumpity.....

The downside of this brave idea is that if she ever finds out ...she will peel my gonads with a rusty penknife....

Whadyathink? 1:1 rep do-able? or dangerous game?

Edited by TonyUK

Whadathafook!... all i know is that i saw a £4k price tag out of the corner of my eye while i was dragging her away from the jewellers window....

all the while with her mumbling something about 40 being some sort of "birthday milestone" or some such crap....

I'm thinking... nice rep + nice box.... = mucho brownie points and perhaps even a litlle rumpity tumpity.....

The downside of this brave idea is that if she ever finds out ...she will peel my gonads with a rusty penknife....

Whadyathink? 1:1 rep do-able? or dangerous game?

It's a dangerous game giving the missus a replica. It's possible she may never find out, but I know for me it would gnaw at my conscious for the rest of my life. Get her a genuine and earn those brownie points the honest way.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I have a friend who did just that. He bought his wife a nice rep Omega connie, and told here it was the real deal. Well, the battery died and she took it to an AD while he was at work one day.............

Needless to say, he had alot of explaining to do after she was informed that it wasn't a genuine Omega.

I'd just let her look at the F1's on Andrew's or Angus's site and see if she likes them. Not worth taking the chance of being caught in a big lie.

Tell her you dont love her 4k's much, but like her $400 dollars much.

Buy her the rep and tell her its a rep, and say you can spend the rest on a holiday or something like that :)

Ouch! That is not something you tell your significant other. Not if you want to stay in the relationship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought mine a rep tag, we were passing a watch shop, and mentioned she liked it, so I said I can get one. Logged onto the web site, "insert preferred dealer here" :-)

Showed her the pics and let her decide.

She did not care it was not genuine, just so long as it looked the same!

Just remember they are not as obsessed as we are. They are more driven by looks, so as long as it looks good, then they will love it.

They will not. Obsess over the smallest details.

Show her the pic on one of the web sites and leave it to her.

Good points on both sides.... i suppose it depends on the lady in question.... for instance my missus wouldn't dream of going in to an AD's to get the watch repaired/new battery.... she would always , like most things...get me to do it everytime....lol.

As far as the guilt factor goes...well, iv'e been married 20 years... nuff said... :fool:

As Gavilan says.. as long as it looks good on the outside... then happy days... :1a:

I'm happy to pay high end for quality.. question is are there any about?...Most iv'e seen are $170-$300 tops...

Edited by TonyUK
  • Like 1

i actually bought my wife a gen Tag F1 w/a buncha diamonds on white strap once

... she hated it so I got rid of it

instead I used the cash to buy her a box full of ladies reps

and she rocks them every day

it's not what you get, but how you present it that matters

i actually bought my wife a gen Tag F1 w/a buncha diamonds on white strap once

... she hated it so I got rid of it

instead I used the cash to buy her a box full of ladies reps

and she rocks them every day

it's not what you get, but how you present it that matters

Nice one...sounds like my kinda woman ... :clap2:

My much better half loved the F1 Tag with Mop face, needless to say I convinced her to go with a rep :inverted: I bought a great Hirsch strap for it and swapped it out soon after she got it she absolutely loves it and it keeps great time too, cost $ 2-250 ;)

I say save the 4 large and get a rep she won't care as long as it gives her the time and looks the part (a box is good too!), but above all else be honest with her or encase the gonads in bullet proof material :bangin:

Don't buy a rep that doesn't do justice to what you feel for her.

Here is a watch a bought for my girlfriend when she gave me a beautiful son (sitting next to me in my avatar )

groupshot.jpg

Carpe Diem

Cats

Don't buy a rep that doesn't do justice to what you feel for her

Carpe Diem

Cats

You are of course right.. :) however if us guys are honest we would prefer our women to be just like our watches....look fantastic ...but don't cost alot... :clap2:

Edited by TonyUK
  • Like 1

tony,

look out for second hand gen mate... from where i am from SG, we had many second hand watch shops, thus it is easier to find them and sometime they are almost brand new.

that's where i strike gold found rado diamondstar which cost 3 time cheaper then from AD for my missus.

hopefully in UK you might stumble on some shops.

good luck.

• 2 months later...

Dont do it bud !!!!!

I tried it ... Gave her the Rep.... She was extatic about it ...and I felt like an IDIOT ... total IDIOT...... Went to the AD the next day and got her the real thing! I could not imagine the disapointment if she ever had to find out I gave her a Rep. I am glad I did ..... Lucky for me she feels sorry for wearing the Gen ...so I told her I would look for a Rep that she can wear every day ... problem solved !!!

Everyone is happy ! Not to mention Mister Happy !

C