When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Turning a 1655 in to a 1675

archierocks

Here's what Rolexaddict and others are using for the bezel assembly

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RETAINING-RING-BEZEL-INSERT-FOR-ROLEX-OLD-GMT-BLUE-1675-/170838595332?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c6c61704

Maybe you get the one with the Pepsi insert, instead of the blue insert, but the seller is still wholesaleoutlet990.

Im sure everyone's got a story, but I've been lucky with that seller.

Purchased from him maybe 20-30 times over the last five years and all orders have been fine.

Of course I'm probably hexing myself and the next time will be a mess..but so far no problems.

I hear that clark offers a bezel assy for the 1675 as well, and the best way is to email him.

I have yet to see anyone using one on their watch though as I was unaware that clarks was producing these.

So wo knows if its good or bad, im sure there are others that may offer to sell just the bezel assy but cost may be a factor.

Puffy has a gen bezel assy over at TRF, sure its close to $500.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Im sure everyone's got a story, but I've been lucky with that seller.

Purchased from him maybe 20-30 times over the last five years and all orders have been fine.

Of course I'm probably hexing myself and the next time will be a mess..but so far no problems.

I also bought from him and he has great stuff, but the prices are crazy!!!

I hear that clark offers a bezel assy for the 1675 as well, and the best way is to email him.

I have yet to see anyone using one on their watch though as I was unaware that clarks was producing these.

So wo knows if its good or bad, im sure there are others that may offer to sell just the bezel assy but cost may be a factor.

Puffy has a gen bezel assy over at TRF, sure its close to $500.

Now this intresst me. Do you have his email? Clarks email that is :)

[censored] i just noticed i ordered the bezel set without the retaining ring jumped to buy to quick grrrrrrrr anyone any ideas if he has retaining rings i have emailed him to ask

Funny story :

WSO is THE ONLY ONE RIGHT NOW TO SELL the complete bezel assembly, no other way, 35usd express shipping to France, 30 days to wait the express... 38 euros customs fees at arrival in France,

Are you sure you want I build a 1675 for you ??? to expensive ??

The strange story :

I wanted to test another way to build 1675 : the Yuki watch case... looks good, slim, 5.3mm crown; etc. etc. cost 550usd

I asked and got an email : not in stock, finish, the machine is brocken...

lol,

Curiously, no 1675 case available from NDT nor from Phong, so for me, it means the only one machine to fabric 1675 cases for Yuki, Phong and NDT is brocken...

lol RA i have everything else

yuki dial and hands

gen crown and tube the 7mm one as i like the look of it

gen 116 Crystal

gen faded insert

1655 case which i still need to work on

my josh 1655 came with a 16610 stamped back lol

ordered tonight eta movement and movement holder to fit the yuki dial and hands

and the wso bezel set minus the retainer but hope he checks his mails

so wholesaleoutlet emails me he has the retaining ring listed on ebay for $69.00 in his email he says the following

hi just send payment through paypal for $100 and i will add it to your order make sure you do it today

brilliant good effort so il just give you $31.00 for free then

Funny story :

WSO is THE ONLY ONE RIGHT NOW TO SELL the complete bezel assembly, no other way, 35usd express shipping to France, 30 days to wait the express... 38 euros customs fees at arrival in France,

Are you sure you want I build a 1675 for you ??? to expensive ??

The strange story :

I wanted to test another way to build 1675 : the Yuki watch case... looks good, slim, 5.3mm crown; etc. etc. cost 550usd

I asked and got an email : not in stock, finish, the machine is brocken...

lol,

Curiously, no 1675 case available from NDT nor from Phong, so for me, it means the only one machine to fabric 1675 cases for Yuki, Phong and NDT is brocken...

I just got a midcase from Phong with engravings. A bezel assembly from here:

http://stores.ebay.com/VINTAGE-MODERN-PARTS-WATCHES?_trksid=p4340.l2563

He Asks 350usd for bezel set ! but i offered him 200usd and he accepted. Gen crystal fits perfect, gen insert had to be shaved ...

Josh 1655 case is crap for a 1675, totally wrong even for a 1655...

Here's pics

IMG_5191.jpg

IMG_5167.jpg

Cheers

P.

I just got a midcase from Phong with engravings. A bezel assembly from here:

http://stores.ebay.com/VINTAGE-MODERN-PARTS-WATCHES?_trksid=p4340.l2563

He Asks 350usd for bezel set ! but i offered him 200usd and he accepted. Gen crystal fits perfect, gen insert had to be shaved ...

Josh 1655 case is crap for a 1675, totally wrong even for a 1655...

Here's pics

Cheers

P.

o.k, very good indeed !

but could you please be more precise about the origin of the case -which looks like an original- as phong doesn't have 1675 design case sets at this moment,

thanks !