When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is Anyone Here Able To Get Playstation 3's?

tonton2000

Just wanted to find out if anyone here, dealer or member, is able to get any playstation 3's anytime soon?

They come out in asia on the 11th of November.

The release date here in the UK is decades away still (as usual) :(

I'd be interested in getting quite a few if anyone can get hold of them. :D

Anyone else here waiting for one?

I have a few mates who have ordered them on ebay, one knows the US-based seller, and as I understand it's pretty much guaranteed they have them in norway around the 18th.

I dunno about cost though..

I'm waiting this one out for a while, as I do not play much myself anymore...

The PS3's here are going for ridiculous amounts of money at the moment, around £900-£1500! ($1650-$2700!)

I'd imagine retail price is closer to £400-£500 ($750-$900)

Do you know how much your friends are paying?

These guys are hardcore gamers, I asked one of them tonight and he said "about 10000kr" (£800)

I think It'll cost about half plus a little when it hits our shops next year.. ..or the year after..

I can get you an address if you're that crazy! heh!

These guys are hardcore gamers, I asked one of them tonight and he said "about 10000kr" (£800)

I think It'll cost about half plus a little when it hits our shops next year.. ..or the year after..

I can get you an address if you're that crazy! heh!

They sound like they're hardcore!

I would pay £500-£600, but £800 is too much, even for me :lol:B)

I would advise that you wait. You don't normally get all the great games coming out at the beginning, there will be a limited range... so leave it until after Christmas, prices will come down and more games will be out. Spend the savings on more watches instead!

And get the latest Hitman game :Jumpy:

Yeah i might just have to do that, prices will be crazy for a while anyway.

Yeah i was going to get it the other day! I had Hitman Contracts, but i found it impossible to complete without the guidebook! :bangin::lol:

I really liked Hitman 2 when that first came out... it was great that you could complete many missions a different number of ways. Great atmosphere. Hitman Contracts seemed to have that "x factor" missing from Hitman 2 but was still fun though. Hope this new one is good.

I haven't really played much in the way of games apart from on my phone (!) and quick MAME stuff (real good stuff!) every now and again. I think the last "proper" games I played was the Knights of the Old Republic Series - my first ever RPGS - and Grand Theft Auto San Andreas which I went partway through. Great game though! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 2 weeks later...

@tonton...

I had a US version for about 6 hours after release... I've since sold it for a minor profit.... I've socked most of that money away and will buy another PS3 here probably come Easter of next year.... there is not a SINGLE game worth the time right now... Resistance: Fall of Man is the closest the PS3 offered to a Killer-App... but with Gears of War on the X360, no major loss in waiting for the PS3... I can't imagine paying the 2k+ USD that many sellers around here are asking for a system that has one good game and a whole mess of "mehhh... my PS2, Xbox and Xbox360 can do that" type games.

Save your money. But the PS3 when it actually has some games to back up the hardware.

Wii and X360 FTW at this time... perhaps the PS3 will come into its own sometime next year....

Jesus, why cant you just be patient? The games you can buy now totally suck anyways. And the graphics aren't better compared to the xbox360, sometimes they seemed worse. Look that up on google if you dont believe me.

Also I have heared, that you can only use Japanese Credit Cards for Japanese PS3s and you can only hook it up to a Japanese ISPs to play online.

Plus its ILLEGAL to import a PS3 into the EU without Sonys approval. Means customs will snag it as if it was a rep. And they are more likely to find a PS3 than a rep watch

I've had a PS3 since launch day in the U.S., paid retail of $600.

It is a very good system with pretty much no good games right now. the real battle is NEXT Christmas. They are so behind in making them that they will only have 400K or so in the U.S. this year, that is NOTHING. It is about 1/20th of what they need. So the real battle is next Christmas when the PS3 should have some games that simply cannot be done on any other console. However MOST games will not be significantly better on the PS3 and compared to X-Box 360, not because they can't be better but rather because it makes no sense for developers to spend the money to make them better. They spend millions to develop a game and they don't want to then spend even more to improve it for the PS3. It will be similar to what we see with PS2 and original X Box. the X Box is much more powerful than PS2 and yet games are almost identical.

Anyway, the bottom line is DO NOT pay over retail for PS3, just get it next year once good games are available.

LoL, it gets even funnier.

Today they showed a guy on the news who stood in line at Wal Mart, waiting for a PS3. Some guys came up and wanted his money, (he had over 3k in his pocket, because he wanted to buy 3 PS3s). But he did call the polica right before they came towards him, because he saw them mugging 2 children for 75cents.

He refused to give them his money, even after they punched him down and kicked him on the ground. He then told them he already called the police and they left, but not without SHOOTING him in the stomach.

He then crawled into walmart, spitting blood, and told a wal mart salesperson to hand his buddys his wallet so they can buy the 3 Playstations for him.

He was then taken to a hospital and he got a 4th PS3 for free from wal mart.

Now the funny part is, he didnt even want the PS3 for himself, he just wanted them to resell them on eBay.

That is really some FUNNY stuff lol

Personally I just bought a x-box 360. Was considering both the WII or wait for the Delaystation 3, but decided on the 360. Any other X-box 360 owners here?

Yep. Had mine almost a year. I've just got the HD-DVD too, which is awesome. There are so many fantastic games on the 360 at the moment. Gears of War, Rainbow 6 vegas, Call of Duty 3, and that's just the ones that came out in November.

There's no way i'll even consider a PS3 until Gran Turismo 5 is out. That and the Final Fantasy series are about all i played on the PS1 and PS2. Even then, they'll have to cut the price significantly.