When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dr.Gran will be back later this summer

gran

Don worry if i do not reply your messages and emails these days

I have no time for this forum due to overload of work lately.....too much interesting science = no spare time

Dr.Gran will be back later this summer......probably mid June

Long live RWG

Gunnar :)

Guest zeleni kukuruz

At last!!!

Im so tired of you right now but this news makes me very very happy :D

*joking*

see ya soon mate and all the best until i see you again ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoy the science doc!

back_to_the_future_doc_brown.jpg

And when you're back make sure to take the DeLorean to the EU GTG :)

dna-full.jpg

ION_Torrent_Img2.jpg

This is what I am working, on just got this machine Ion Torrent personal genome machine

http://www.nature.com/news/2011/110720/full/475278a.html

The latest contender in the race for the prized '$1,000 genome' has proved its mettle in a singularly appropriate way: by sequencing the genome of computer pioneer Gordon Moore.

_tmp_articling-import-2011072008404376433_475278a-i1.0.jpgEach Ion Torrent chip sports 1.2 million DNA-testing wells.ION TORRENT

Like the computer chips made by Intel, the company that Moore co-founded, the Ion Personal Genome Machine (PGM) exploits semiconductor technology, with its ability to deliver ever-increasing speed and lower costs — a trend predicted by 'Moore's law' some 50 years ago. When Ion Torrent of Guilford, Connecticut, part of Life Technologies in Carlsbad, California, introduced the device late last year1, some scientists wondered whether it could live up to its promise to put a sequencer within the reach of any reasonably funded lab. Their doubts are likely to wane in the wake of the company's latest demonstration, published this week in Nature (see page 348).

This is what I am working, on just got this machine Ion Torrent personal genome machine

Ah, finally we have someone to analyze the suspected pubic hairs sometimes found in our rep movements! Please tell me you need a titanium-led-light-bulb-head-ornament-thingy to operate one of those.. Pleeeeez? :D

On a more serious note Gran: sounds like extremely complicated but yet very interesting stuff you got goin on there mate. Looking forward to hear more about it on the GTG. Until then - good luck and make us proud! :tu:

• 2 months later...

How's it going Gran, you haven't been on in a while, any luck creating that T1000/frankenstein hybrid or what ever the fock it was you were doing. You're not missing much, except when the Chinese decided to strike and not produce reps anymore, it now costs $1.5K for an AP diver V3 from the dealers and $2.5K on the sales section.