When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5th Annual EU GTG (non EU members also welcome) 2012-07-28

modelizer

Dear all,

To carry on tradition it has been proposed that the 5th Annual EU GTG take place in Malmö, Sweden on July 28th. The format for the evening will be as before - a meet and greet followed by a stroll to a local restaurant for dinner followed by after dinner cocktails in a location of your choice or return to the start location for drinks and music.

Lady guests are more than welcome as are members from outside continental Europe. We will not be arranging accommodation but this thread will be updated with hotel recommendations with time, so stay tuned. Members that wish to make a long weekend (or more) will find plenty to do over including the "Scandinavian capital" - Copenhagen - just a 25 minute train ride away and very nice white fine sandy beaches nearby (make sure to check the water restistance on your gem first though).

This is an opportunity to meet old friends and make new ones that is not to be missed. I for one have made some very good friends and acquaintances through these GTGs.

I will be asking one thing of members that intend to take part and that is that we pay for dinner into a paypal account before the event to ensure that we can cover the costs of the restaurant in one bill.

Dinner details can now be found below, I ask that those that wish to attend make themselves known here.

From Stephane, FxrAndy, bionic tim and myself we look forward to yet another memorable evening and greeting old friends and making new ones.

*We retain the right to vet new and unknown members who wish to attend, please dont take this the wrong way but a big part of this GTG will take place at a private venue*

The dinner will be a "RWG special" 3 course menu at a nice restaurant for 440 SEK per person (about €50,5 at todays rate). This price will include two glasses of wine and coffee. The menu has not yet been set as the chefs will prepare something with the nicest available local ingredients of the season. Will know more about a week prior to the GTG and update this post accordingly.

Edited by modelizer

Yiiiiipeeeeeeeeee !!!

My flights are booked, as is my hotel, since yesterday.

I will land in Copenhagen on friday, take the mini trip train to central Malmö and stay there untill sunday noon.

The 5th shall be a good one, I can feel that!

Last year we made a mistake by asking "where & when should it happen".

The 3 first editions were "impossed" and they were a real success.

So, Malmö it is, with a great host and a bloody easy and cheap way to get there.

None of you guys should miss it!

Flying to Copenhagen is easy from almost everywhere in the world.

Plus, you go to the bagage claim, then to the onsite railway station of the airport and every 20 minutes there is a train taking you in 20-25 minutes to Malmö central.

At that point, every hotel is nearby (walking distance)!

I checked some of the international brands hotel and they charge 100€ breakfast, wifi, ...included on the base of advanced purchase.

I guess it's safe to say that we might try to get a group price but if you want to book right away, Modelizer told me that Renaissance and Radisson were both close to everything, including the gathering and curiosities.

Ok, to the pictures now! This is how it looks :clap2:

The official EU GTGs and some more...

2010 EU GTG

GtgBrussels2010_800_003.jpg

GtgBrussels2010_800_021_Blured.jpg

GtgBrussels2010_800_Blured_004.jpg

2009 EU GTG

GtgBrussels2009_800_0010.jpg

GtgBrussels2009_800_0013.jpg

GtgBrussels2009_800_0002.jpg

GtgBrussels2009_800_0015.jpg

2008 EU GTG

DuvelPackshot.jpg

GTGBrussels2008_600_800_28.jpg

Plus some other GTG that the EU staff organised :)

Köln/cologne 2008, june for a great time as we were so happy with the previous one! :pimp:

GtgKoln200806_Stephane_800_04.jpg

Arhnem, same same...a last minute gathering B)

GtgArnhem_200809_800_06.jpg

Bratislava, also a last minute one ;)

Bratislava200903_800_0020.jpg

Bratislava200903_800_0024.jpg

Karlovivary (The James Bond GTH) :yu:

GtgKarlovyVary_800_25B.jpg

GtgKarlovyVary_800_42-1.jpg

GtgKarlovyVary_800_71.jpg

And some unexpected one, in New York City summer of 2008 initiated by me but organised by a super local host! :euro:

NycGtg_800_02co.jpg

NycGtg_800_10.jpg

NycGtg_800_06.jpg

So, you know what is going to happen now: lots of watches, but most important, the opportunity to meet in the flesh :whistling:

And that is what I personaly love with these GTGs !

Book your flight NOW :captain:

All the best,

Stephane

Yes. I am in :) Would be silly of me not to as I live right on the other side of the bridge.....

Indeed ! Well, I hope I will be able to cross the bridge one day, it looks awesome !

no - I'm in back luck with the last GTGs ;( this is exactly the weekend we are moving to our new house ....

Shit, oops sorry!

I have a solution though.

Postpone the move F! :g:

Damn that's in the middle of the vacation that i have with my son.

Can't imagine that my girlfriend who decided to have a cool down period of at least a year is willing to switch my 3 weeks of summer holidays with hers.

Judging on my condition at this moment i was able to come to Modelizer.

It would be great to thank my friends for the beautiful RWG Friendswatch in person.

Let's hope i can make it next.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Damn that's in the middle of the vacation that i have with my son.

Can't imagine that my girlfriend who decided to have a cool down period of at least a year is willing to switch my 3 weeks of summer holidays with hers.

Judging on my condition at this moment i was able to come to Modelizer.

It would be great to thank my friends for the beautiful RWG Friendswatch in person.

Let's hope i can make it next.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

As you say B.

Carpe diem :)

That looks like alot of fun. Me and the missis might be going from Stockholm to Berlin by car that weekend. We will rest in simrishamn not far from Malmö that weekend. I will se what i can do. Would be great to meet the members in real life :)

Sounds like an amazing trip! Best of times for all of you! Wish I could be there too! ;)

We will miss you S.

It would so cool if you could join :clap2:

That looks like alot of fun. Me and the missis might be going from Stockholm to Berlin by car that weekend. We will rest in simrishamn not far from Malmö that weekend. I will se what i can do. Would be great to meet the members in real life :)

That sounds like a plan :)