When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why are the only watches I find in the sales section Rolex and PAM?

vandal.tbh

I mean seriously... have you guys not noticed?

95% of all watches on the sales section are Rolex and Panerai. I'm looking for Breitling, Omega, Bell&Ross, Tag, IWC, PP, etc etc.

Makes me think the Rolex and Panerai reps are low quality. No one's selling anything else!

I've got two rare gen dive watches for sale: Doxa SUB 300 (no T) Sharkhunter from 1967, and a first-edition machined titanium Diving Team 1000 chrono from Sector, the only good watch they ever made, IMHO.

There ya go. Interested?

tis just the way it is always has been always will be unless you buy a load of Paul Picots and likes and decide to off load them it wont change. The thing is with Rollis and Pams is that you can never have enough and are always chasing some fantasy of perfection I mean A UPO Omega is a UPO aint alot you do to it and AP is and AP and teh same with hublots you dont mod them and there arent really any better versions, with Rolex its never good enough

Exactly. We are talking about one of the most popular watch brands in the world [Rolex]. Coupled with the desirability factor of Rolex's being a status simple, and well there you have it.

Now I'm fairly new to the Paneri brand, but I understand they are quite well received too.

It's like this. You can get a super pam rep which is very accurate and has a very reliable movement for around $230 where as a lot of the brands are not as accurate, reliable and cost over $300. I was wanting to buy another brand but ended up getting my 3rd pam just because it is hard to say no to a super rep for $200 when the cartier I wanted was around $350 and still unsure about its accuracy.

Second the popularity idea. Also if you notice, most of the Rolex and PAM's are modded. I believe that one of the things that drive the majority of members here, especially those who hang aroumd for a long time, is the desire to malke a watch better. The real thrill is in the chase for a watch and then parts to make it better. Once the watch is finished, after a time, they old fire starts burning again to build something else. So the watch that was really important in the conceptual, planning and build phase dosn't really interest you anymore. that's why they end up on the sales forum, because we are all looking to the next "project".

It's like this. You can get a super pam rep which is very accurate and has a very reliable movement for around $230 where as a lot of the brands are not as accurate, reliable and cost over $300. I was wanting to buy another brand but ended up getting my 3rd pam just because it is hard to say no to a super rep for $200 when the cartier I wanted was around $350 and still unsure about its accuracy.

Which Pam is a super rep for around 200-230? I'm not a Pam person, but at that price for an accurate piece would be willing to try it out. If you don't mind I'd love some further explanation.

Which Pam is a super rep for around 200-230? I'm not a Pam person, but at that price for an accurate piece would be willing to try it out. If you don't mind I'd love some further explanation.

Pam 029 was originally around $300 so a used one could be found for middle to low $200's.

Check this thread with the latest 005/111 noob best rep ever for $210. http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/pam-111n-and-101602.html

Amazing value.