When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBK 1680 project finished

mystere

Hi all, first sorry for my poor english.

Finished my first modding project on MBK 1680 bought last year from reg.

Gen service crystal, gen? service insert with relumed pearl, gen crown on yuki tube, gen clasp on PT bracelet, relumed yuki hands, silver overlay from Justin (thanks), lug holes drilled, crown guard shaved (i think little bit pointy), stock dial relumed (little bit to uneven) and sprayed with clear matt sealer, ETA 2846.

Think i have disassembled the watch 100 times :) and jet I'm down. Have no more nerves to open it again. Its time for next watch.

What you think? its ok?

Thanks mystere

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg

IMG_1273.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1277.jpg

IMG_1278.jpg

IMG_1279.jpg

IMG_1280.jpg

IMG_1281.jpg

IMG_1282.jpg

IMG_1283.jpg

To be honest there some room for improvement. Stock MBW date wheel is pretty good and I would change back to it. The relume could be a bit better, same lume on the hands would help. For the rest it looks very good.

Hi, stock overlay has better print, but unfortunately i damaged it by trying to center in dial window ;-(

And for relume, i tryed 5-6 time, and before i throw the dial of window ;-) its better i buy a cheap gen.

Thanks for comments mystere

Due to equipment limitations the date wheel overlays made by the decal process do not stand up to a macro lens but look fine "on the wrist". But, who carries around a magnifying glass and asks people to inspect their date anyway?

Due to equipment limitations the date wheel overlays made by the decal process do not stand up to a macro lens but look fine "on the wrist". But, who carries around a magnifying glass and asks people to inspect their date anyway?

Hi Justin,

you are right on wrist and in real looks realy good.

Its realy only on pics thats looks bit pixelated

Thanks again for your help.

mystere

• 1 month later...