When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone heard from Hacra/Hugo?

I wouldn't be comfortable sending him money ... Try Texski (Mike) in stead.

Why do you say this?

I've spoken to Mike and he says he's sent money to Hugo all the time. They collaborate on a lot of projects.

Aren't you the wonder watchsmith Mike speaks highly of? If so, I may need your service

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I can vouch for Hugo. He and mike do business together and Hugo also supplied me with a complete 3717 before Xmas with no problems at all. I will update when I hear from him.

I do know he travels away from home during the week with work which may have something to do with it.

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?chbq2z

• 2 weeks later...

I have had no contact either. I had a mark16 full kit on order with him but I have now made the decision to buy something else.

Portugal is in a mess financially and he may have fallen foul of that, who knows and sometimes contacting a few guys on a watch forum is the furthest thing from your mind!!

We may find out and we may not..!!

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?41bq25

Any update on this? Hugo has always been a great communicator and goes above and beyond to help out, would be very surprised if something untoward occurred, but something must have happened to stop him responding as he was on rg just before the downtime, hope he is ok, if anyone hears anything let us know. I'd like to think he will be back in action again. I was hoping to order some parts from him over the summer.

Got a pm from Hugo on rg a couple of hours ago. Seemed alive and kickin'.

Is he ok? Is he in trouble with IWC or something? Trying to figure out why he's not responding

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I just came accross this thread. I can testify that there's absolutely no issue with Hacra, he's a very reliable and nice person to deal with.

I think like everyone here, he has to take care of his own priorities outside this hobby, and thus some delay is understandable.

He got in touch with me this week. I have had no past problems with him until the last couple of months but we are sorting out the order I had with him.

Sometimes we forget this is a side hobby and people have lives to live and real work to do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 months later...