When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TC V4 Sun....Noob here, Is it worth it?

bpolo

Hi All,

I'm about to purchase the TC V4 Sub, without bezel insert, and also order a GEN Bezel insert...My question is, as I've never purchased a Rep before, and with a new Gen insert, the price total will be around $700....How easy is it to re-sell a Rep like this, in the event, I'm not completely happy with it? I'm just a little apprehensive to dump $700 unless I know there is some sort of reasonable resale mkt for it.....

Otherwise, the watch does look pretty darn amazing in the photos! I owned a Gen V series Sub in the past, and until I handle the TC, I wont know for sure, but the photos, look pretty spot on..

Regards

B

Yeah it's worth it, if you want the best sub rep at the moment. I've handled many Gen subs, and this is as close as its gonna get. Until TC comes out with the next version. ;)

For more motivation.

c6167a9f-aed4-f7fe.jpg

That's with the Clark Insert BTW.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

You might lose 1-200$ if you sold it.

I don't see how you can not be happy though. Your buying a watch that is 90% accurate to the gen you had. With a gen insert its almost impossible to tell from a genuine Rolex.

There are three top watches and they each have their pluses and minus's. Your buying one of the three.

By the way, these reps this accurate is a fairly recent thing. We used to have to spend tons more and lots more time modding to get them this good. You jumped into this world at a great time.

Put a gen insert in it, your done. :)

By the way, these reps this accurate is a fairly recent thing. We used to have to spend tons more and lots more time modding to get them this good. You jumped into this world at a great time.

It's crazy how much has changed even just in the couple of years I've been here.

Hi All,

I'm about to purchase the TC V4 Sub, without bezel insert, and also order a GEN Bezel insert...My question is, as I've never purchased a Rep before, and with a new Gen insert, the price total will be around $700....How easy is it to re-sell a Rep like this, in the event, I'm not completely happy with it? I'm just a little apprehensive to dump $700 unless I know there is some sort of reasonable resale mkt for it.....

Otherwise, the watch does look pretty darn amazing in the photos! I owned a Gen V series Sub in the past, and until I handle the TC, I wont know for sure, but the photos, look pretty spot on..

Regards

B

And the fact that the ETA movement can be serviced by any watchmaker more or less means you can keep the watch for life. And For $700... That's quite a deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi All,

Regards

B

And the fact that the ETA movement can be serviced by any watchmaker more or less means you can keep the watch for life. And For $700... That's quite a deal.

It's crazy how much has changed even just in the couple of years I've been here.

Yeah no kidding, when I got interested in these it was 04-05 and I hadn't found these forums yet though.

Used to have to get all these cases machined to fit gen parts.

I'm just flat out amazed...even in the last year, the Sean case and TC arrived.

I'm still waiting for a real cloned 1020 that takes gen parts and can be serviced. :)

Op: your gonna be very happy and surprized about the quality. Even a 100$ noob is incredible other than the pearl.

Bpolo, where did you find the gen insert for that price?

They're floating around if you look..I also took a walk over to 47th st (jewelry&watch district) here in NYC, and there were a few places that had em used, new and could order them as well.

Hi there,

I bought the same comp you are looking for:

TC V4 NO rehaut engraving ($530)

Brand new Gen insert ($225)

It's a killer combo! Worth Every penny! People ask me if it's fake I say yes and they tell me I'm lying...

Here's some motivation for you...

efc79b74.jpg

cb7f9bde.jpg

7c73ddcd.jpg

Edited by Pamluver80

Hi there,

It's a killer combo! Worth Every penny! People ask me if it's fake I say yes and they tell me I'm lying...

Here's some motivation for you...

efc79b74.jpg

cb7f9bde.jpg

7c73ddcd.jpg

That is a beautiful watch! I ordered it last week..I have to wait for him to build it out..Hopefully have it within 10 more days....

Hi there,

It's a killer combo! Worth Every penny! People ask me if it's fake I say yes and they tell me I'm lying..

Beautiful piece, after the YM, this will be my next in the list.

A new Gen insert costs about $95.00 plus tax and shipping so figure $125.00 after markup.

Please post a link......this must be for one in very bad shape....

Do all the TC Subs come with the Clasp that has SWISSMADE stamped on the clasp, as opposed to the correct SWISS MADE with the space? Or has that been corrected? Anyone know?

no, it is not correct......yet