When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Dw 6263

watcher

Just picked up some spring bars from Rolex today and wow, what a difference in fitment and thickness(no more rattly end links!) I fitted agen tropic last week and absolutey love this watch. It has the mystery movement but keeps great time, chrono is [censored] though! may have to fit a VJ23 at some point I guess!

145939-15688.jpg

145939-15689.jpg:)

The spring bars are genuine that's for sure, they came direct from my rolex dealer. I drilled the inner lug slightly to allow the thicker section of the spring bar to seat better. They do not stick out beyond the case but do look that way in the pics. I prefer the look of the bar to come near to the outer edge. A personal thing I guess. :)

I prefer the look of the bar to come near to the outer edge. A personal thing I guess. :)

I like that look, as well. I am using the 99 cent springbars from Terry Fu. The are a perfect fit, but they don't protrude quite as far out as the gens in your pictures.

The genuine bars are very well made and pricy at 5 pounds each!, the biggest difference is that the outer tube is 19mm so that all the sprung section is either inside the tube or in the lug so giving a much better and stronger fit. :)

It is the same with my $1 bars.

The genuine bars are very well made and pricy at 5 pounds each!, the biggest difference is that the outer tube is 19mm so that all the sprung section is either inside the tube or in the lug so giving a much better and stronger fit. :)

Do you know the reference number for the springbars? BTW are the springbars for the daytona the same as for AirKing?

Thanks

So I'm guessing version 2 would be incorrect when compared to a genuine, right?

Compare the photos of Sherrington's watch with Watcher's watch. Sherrington has the version 2 case, Watcher has version 1. Look closely

in the vicinity of the crown... version 2 had a *slightly* protruding bulge there to move the crown further out from the bezel.

Here is a version 1 case

150079-14913.jpg

Another shot of a version 1 case

150079-14914.jpg

And here is a version 2 case

150079-14915.jpg

Look closely... it's subtle but it's there once you know what you're looking for.

No, the genuine cases do have a slight flare at the crown.

Check that.

It looks like the early Daytona models did not have the flare. Here's a 1960 6240 from eBay:

150094-14912.jpg

Looks like the flare was introduced with the 7mm Triplock, probably to give the crown enough clearance from the bezel.

Do you know the reference number for the springbars? BTW are the springbars for the daytona the same as for AirKing?

Thanks

I have it somewhere, I will post when I find the packet they came in. They are standard 19mm bars as far as I know....nothing special about them that I can see, just far better made than rep pins.

What do you think of the new DW dials?

Hmmm... Good coronet placement, but the fonts in general look to be a step backwards- Too bold/thick. Most notably, the

ROLEX

OYSTER

Cosmograph

Looks to me that they are far too thick, and the wrong font type used... V1.0 and 2.0 (2.0 to memory) looked better in this regard.

Hmmm... Good coronet placement, but the fonts in general look to be a step backwards- Too bold/thick. Most notably, the

ROLEX

OYSTER

Cosmograph

Looks to me that they are far too thick, and the wrong font type used... V1.0 and 2.0 (2.0 to memory) looked better in this regard.

I agree with Randy. Again it's a case of one step forward, two steps backwards!!!! :bangin:

I think the white dial is quite good.

But the biggest change is the price.

Yup...DW's first generation dials were $40. The last batch sold for $80....Now, with the Singer stamp, they're $100.

Yup...DW's first generation dials were $40. The last batch sold for $80....Now, with the Singer stamp, they're $100.

And they are still not right :bicycle: The fonts this time are a superior regression!

Ohhh DW

Ohhh DW

Can u ever

Get it

Right!!!

Nope, nope

Won't happen

Can't happen

Says the Sun, moon

And stars.

Why, well why

Not!