When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What watch (of yours) would/do you wear in water?

seafoam

I have been diving with my Marathon SARS, Omega SM300s, Rolex 5513, 1680, 16800, Seiko and Casio. If it is dive rated, I dive with it. I really buy mainly dive watches though.

I started with my Clinton dive watch my mom bought me for Christmas as a teenager. I still have that watch with the box and papers. No diving now though for it even though I just changed the o-rings.

• 1 month later...

I always pick one or two "swimmers" for the Summer. This year it is a 170 on bracelet and the Hublot Diver. The dial is so big on that Hublot you can read it underwater without goggles. :) The one thing you have to be careful withis the rubber piece on the setting crown. The glue the factory uses to sit it in the crown inevitably unsticks. I got lucky and it fell off outside the water. Say hello to crazy glue.

I swim and scuba with my Ocean7 -LM7 Ploprof,and my MKII Kingston and Stingray,I swim with my Genuine Rolex 16610, my rep 168,my Tudor Snowflake (gen), and my 1665 DRSD (at least I did until I cracked the crystal!! I have a tester at home that will go to 7 atmos, so all mine get tested B4 swimming or diving. When I got the tester, I checked all my rep watches, and most that were designed for water passed, but a puretime 1680 Red, failed, and a cheap SD also failed. Two PAM's failed (one was a submersible!) and a couple of dressier watches also failed. All my genuine sport watches passed.+

Watches I swim and Dive with

Ocean7- LM7

post-327-0-72058000-1346625015_thumb.jpg

MKII kingston

post-327-0-55688900-1346625042_thumb.jpg

MKII Stingray

post-327-0-87183600-1346625096_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Any dive rep goes in the water with me, after a quick home test first of course.

The only chrono that goes in the water is my Gen Seiko sportura with screw in crown on a rubber strap. And of course my cheapo Invicta gets plenty of splash time.

post-44290-134662724402.jpg

post-44290-13466272999.jpg

Watches that I have taken into the water

Breitling steelfish - sealed the HE valve

Omega Planet Ocean - sealed HE valve

Breitling Super Avenger - straight from box

Breitling Skyland - straight from box

Sinn U2 - straight from box

Rolex Deapsea - sealed HE valve