When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fitting a Gen 1675 dial in josh 1655 case

cib0rgman

I have a question for the 1675 builders that have used a Gen dial, I compared the 1655 rep dial agains the 1675 dial and the later is smaller , so it has a lot of play when it sits against the dial opening, is Yukis? dial bigger than the Gen. I have two gen dial because I was thinling maybe is the dial and now I have two cases then I was thinking maybe I got the wrong case.

Also can someone post a profile photo of the Crown guard, I have been looking at pictures from Rolexaddict but I need one whitout the bezel I trying to get the same look.

Thanks

I used dial dots to mount my gen dial to my movement, then the movement spacer ring keeps it all nice and centered. easy. I was surprised how well the gen dial fit in the expII case. I was expecting the worst and it turned out to be a non issue.

I used dial dots to mount my gen dial to my movement, then the movement spacer ring keeps it all nice and centered. easy. I was surprised how well the gen dial fit in the expII case. I was expecting the worst and it turned out to be a non issue.

thanks for the tip. do you have some spare dial dots that you part with. let me know

thanks for your interest,

let me a few days, as I wait for members jobs, I dont like to disassemble my own watches,

the 1655 case is not altered at the rehaut area, gen dials fit perfectly,

I only work on the CG area and a little thickness from the bottom of the case is took off,

but I will post pics,

Edited by Rolexaddict

thanks for your interest,

let me a few days, as I wait for members jobs, I dont like to disassemble my own watches,

the 1655 case is not altered at the rehaut area, gen dials fit perfectly,

I only work on the CG area and a little thickness from the bottom of the case is took off,

but I will post pics,

Thanks a lot, I will wait for them. That is what I want to see. the crown guard area. I have been looking a t Gen pictures and I think that the Gen case have more material on that area

View of the cut areas and design from the bottom of the case

mod01.jpg

view fron the size, material is removed from the bottom of the lugholes, on top its a gen case

90915406.jpg

A finished 1655 into a 1675, note : in the gen world 1655 and 1675 use exactly the same slim case and 5.30mm crown.

For the rep you need Explorers 16550 or 16570 6mm tube and crown. Ref : tube = 24-5330-0 crown = 24-603

99947692.jpg

A finished 1655 into a 1675, note : in the gen world 1655 and 1675 use exactly the same slim case and 5.30mm crown.

For the rep you need Explorers 16550 or 16570 6mm tube and crown. Ref : tube = 24-5330-0 crown = 24-603

Actually, the gen case might be the same, except for the CG area.

Because the genuine:

1675 uses a #24-5300 tube and a #24-530 crown

1655 uses a #24-6000 tube and a #24-600 crown

So the cut area inside the lugs on the 1655 case is meant to be for a 600 crown.

However, those new 603(?) service crowns also screw into a 5300 tube.

View of the cut areas and design from the bottom of the case

mod01.jpg

view fron the size, material is removed from the bottom of the lugholes, on top its a gen case

this exactly what I need it, I have been looking at your posts over and over to find how you get the CG look closer to the Gen CG, Also in this picture on #1 you moved the crown closer to the case and they you retap the whole, which number of tap you used.

Thanks