When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

99% Accurate Offshore Rep!

thomasng

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally would much prefer an accurate subdial layout.

I know its not easy, and comes with its own share of problems, and to be honest i would eventually end up getting one if it came out with a standard 7750 layout, but i just feel that if the oppurtunity is there to possibly make a movt that can make this rep 99% then it should be encouraged.

I do understand peoples concerns about the movt reliability, maybe i too would feel different if i had a doa/malfunctioning 7750, modded or not.

Update about the movement and subdial spacing:

"Somthing more for the movement, as the original is not a 7750, so the sub-dial placing cannot be modified, it does not worth for the maker to do the modification like Daytona because they can sell a loooot of Daytona but this modification will only work for Offsore. Let's hope the final product will be good enough."

So it is done. They decided it will have running secs at 9.

I feel a bit sad about that. It will be a nice watch but no AD tricks with this model....

Great news about those dials available though!

So it will be these 3 for me please!

147295-15449.jpg

147295-15450.jpg

147295-15451.jpg

BTW - Just saw Anthony Zimmer movie with Spohie Marceau - a LOT of Port Chrono Domino... I think I may need a third Port now!

White dial with blue markers for me! And sorry but I'm one of those jerks that would rather have running seconds at 9 with the new Asian 7750 28800bph movement. After seeing the problems with the Portugese and the Daytonas I'd rather have reliability and durability over 100% accuracy on the layout. I'll never walk into an AD with this rep nor is there even an AD for AP anywhere near my home. I've got a 28800bph daytona with seconds at 9 and I love it. I had the Big Bentley model with running seconds at 9 and thought it was an absolutely amazing rep. Afterall 99% of the people that see this watch will have no idea what it is and I seriously doubt they would even notice if they did. Either way the watch will be a real stunner! A true beaut. And of course I don't try to pass my reps off as gens anyway! Just remember guys. We've been asking for a Royal Oak Chrono rep for a long time with automatic movement. Now are we really going to nitpick if the movement can't be reworked without mechanical issues?

I'm really happy to see the new reps being produced. First I hear there may be a Chronomat Evo released soon. Then I see the Chopard which will be in my collection very soon. And then the Royal Oak Offshore surfaces! I also hear there will be a Hublot Big Bang out soon too!

Wow! I'm amazed! And I'm going to be broke really soon!

:wub:

Edited by Bignasty

In NYC (IMHO) if the subdials end up in the wrong place it may as well be a day date chrono (i.e. worth $50-100) and no interest. AP Offshore chrono is one which I run into a lot and although no one is taking them off their wrists people who own one absolutely give your wrist that "solid glance". Now if you're a pimply faced sixteen year old it is irrelevant anyhow. :lol:

The dials look pretty bad. The cyclops window really does ned to be bigger, as the date on the Offshore uses a large aperture, as the date is displayed through a small rectangle in the chrono module, and a cyclops is placed over it. The dial does not look promising, as the wrong sudial spacing in this model is very evident.

And how the **** did the 10 and 20 get switched around???

I'm definitely NOT trying to rain on this parade, because this is going to be a SWEET watch, but this is another one (Like the daytona, PO Chrono, Daylight, etc.) that will never be accurate and reliable w/ the asia 7750. Even though there shouldn't be a sunken date issue, the subdial spacing will likely always be wrong and if they do mod the movement (apparently, a 3000 piece run is the minimum) we'll all be bitching about our watches going south in three weeks.

I think many (hopefully me included) will go the route folks use to make great daytonas--frankens with the rep case, OEM dials, as many OEM case parts as possible, and a similar-to-oem movement from a watch a lot cheaper than a ROO. Even shelling out the dough for an OEM dial and a movement w/ the DD module, you'll be saving 80% off the price of a gen. That's the way to go, IMO.

Bottom line: It's absolutely fantastic to see the factories moving away from playing the same old boring games of "Who has the slightly better Sub" & "Name-That-PAM" and moving toward attempting other interesting watches. We should all buy one of these if only to keep that trend alive!

I'm definitely NOT trying to rain on this parade, because this is going to be a SWEET watch, but this is another one (Like the daytona, PO Chrono, Daylight, etc.) that will never be accurate and reliable w/ the asia 7750. Even though there shouldn't be a sunken date issue, the subdial spacing will likely always be wrong and if they do mod the movement (apparently, a 3000 piece run is the minimum) we'll all be bitching about our watches going south in three weeks.

I think many (hopefully me included) will go the route folks use to make great daytonas--frankens with the rep case, OEM dials, as many OEM case parts as possible, and a similar-to-oem movement from a watch a lot cheaper than a ROO. Even shelling out the dough for an OEM dial and a movement w/ the DD module, you'll be saving 80% off the price of a gen. That's the way to go, IMO.

Bottom line: It's absolutely fantastic to see the factories moving away from playing the same old boring games of "Who has the slightly better Sub" & "Name-That-PAM" and moving toward attempting other interesting watches. We should all buy one of these if only to keep that trend alive!

Archibald:

PM sent in reply.

By the way, genuine gaskets, pushers and crowns were available on eBay a few weeks ago, from a previous service.

I saw a genuine rubberclad bezel and pusher being sold on eBay a couple of weeks ago.

How much did it go for? I've seen some dials but they can be expensive... !