When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

16800 Experts needed again

correctime

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I've had a Black Rubber B strap for quite awhile...and have been waiting for the arrival of the Everest Bands Black Rubber Strap (EH-1S)

It recently arrived and I must say I LOVE IT....Rubber B makes a great product....Everest Bands makes a BETTER one.

IMHO the EH-1S is by far superior to the Rubber B in construction, comfort, appearance AND in cost (at 135.00 THIS strap cannot be beat.)

Edited by correctime
  • Like 1

Did someone say Gen Beyeler? I'm debating whether to relume it for aesthetics, not actual lume,  or leave it as is.

here it is on a Y3135 with Gen date wheel. Note, the 3035 datewheel seems to be top justified on this movement, but working on the setting.

DSC_1679_zps09d5771c.jpg

DSC_1678_zpsc21cdad0.jpg

Speaking lume, is PB the choice du jour for the vintage no glow lume?

I would say yes. On my 16800 I was very specific with him that I wanted the flat look found on Rolex service dials. He said "no problem". Turn around was pretty good and he was upfront that he really wanted to take his time as it was a gen matte dial. Think it was 4-5 weeks.

I've had zig luned work as well and pb's was as good as zig's. for my application of flat lume I would say even better as I have personally never seen a zig lume job that was requested to mimic a gen Rolex lume for flatness.

Thanks for that info Gavidoc...that's good to know.While I love the patina'd look lume would be nice but "only" if it was very flat and uniform like gen lume.

To me the bubbled markers on aftermarket/rep dials is about the only issue on many that are available and even then not terribly noticable.

But once accustomed to the perfectly flat markers on a gen dial it seems nothing else will do.

I couldn't ever bring myself to have anything on my dial changed but sooner or later I'll likely find a gen or yuki 16800 dial to have SL'd.

Very nice looking Doc...WOW!!

Thanks goes out to everyone that participated in this thread.

I hope you've enjoyed it as much as I have.

I just re-read through from the beginning...alot of great input from alot of great guys with alot of great information on a great Submariner...the 16800 :)