When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problem bezel change,help!

Mike on a bike

No need to remove the outer bezel... Use your thumbnail to lift out the luminous pearl, then use something like a small screw driver/hairclip/etc to use the hole as a lever to start lifting the insert away from the bezel. Depending if you want to keep said insert, you can either be careful or forceful :)

No need to remove the outer bezel... Use your thumbnail to lift out the luminous pearl, then use something like a small screw driver/hairclip/etc to use the hole as a lever to start lifting the insert away from the bezel. Depending if you want to keep said insert, you can either be careful or forceful :)

Yeah.....unless he has a TC/Wm9/Bk and a gen insert.

Cheap LV sub from snead 16610, came blk figured I go 50th with green. Teejay seems I f**** ed up inside someware as now it doesn't want to rotate click you know. I was able to line back up pearl with a real lot of force. Oh well will give the Teejay method a try. Thanks guys :notworthy: .

Yes woof I did, it should have worked followed Video to the tee. :g: Going to leave well enough alone I think if I pull the blk & green does't go in well watch useless. :cry2: Thanks again gentlemen :notworthy: .

Does the green insert sit cleanly on top of the black? I figure if you've gone this far, you might as well try to perform the swap, or the damage to the bezel will be for nothing...

Mike, that style of bezel isn't intended to be taken off. Don't feel bad, many of us have done the same thing. They usually get bent by the time you get them off. They are held in by a wire spring, and when you try to reinstall it seems impossible to get back on. It can be done though. The bezel can be flattened in a vice and with the insert off, you can use a tool to work on that spring to get the bezel back on.

Easiest way to get the insert out is like TJ says..remove the pearl and pick at it and pull it out from the hole. A hair dryer helps a bunch. Softens the adhesive and the insert will just lift off. Good luck!

Yes, and that's exactly why my first question was about what watch you had. Couple years ago I saw same video. I promptly got a knife and tore into my cheap GMT...bent the bezel bad too lol :)

The better watches, MBW, Wm9, BkTw and the TC watches are all made just like the gen. You can do what the guy in the video does with those watches.

Woof thanks now I do not feel so bad. ;) Maybe I will go for a better grade Rolex someday, bought this for 79 figured what the h *ll.

They play so small on my wrist (8.65in) so for me the money would be better spent on larger high end gen. I am aware of the 43mm Dweller but maybe a tad to small, wish I could try one on you never know. :g: Well there is one for $148 w/2813 on trusty maybe I take a chance. :inverted:

Teejay yes its sits well, as far as damage internal so still looks good have it lined up on the 12. It is on a Bond blk/red/grey nato really comfortable :yeah: , still debating in my head :g: . I may get the bug to do in a day or two. :inverted:

If it sits well, you definitely have nothing to lose by going ahead with the swap :victory: When you get the insert out of the bezel, you may see a fine wire spring which is what holds the bezel on place. If you're able to find the end of the wire, then with a fine pair of tweezers, you might be able to remove the wire, which would in turn allow you to remove the bezel and possibly fix the issue of why it's not turning properly :good::drinks:

automatico suggested this, and it works well for me. If you get the insert off and can see the any of the bent wire retainer for the bezel, use a thin feeler gage and wedge it so that it pushes the wire out into the bezel. About 1/3 around will give you enough to pop the bezel off without any damage to it.

http://www.rwg.cc/topic/142481-bezel-remover/page__hl__feeler#entry1065900