When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Love those 36mm Rolex watches!

preacher62

I do love a vintage Datejust (But then, I'm vintage myself) and they are the easiest Franken to build...and maybe the least expensive. This is a 16013 in a gen 16013 case and a 16014 in a gen 16014 case. All gen but the movements and the things attached to the movements. I need to work on the DWOs. I have aftermarket date wheels coming but they just won't have open 6s and 9s. I bought an aftermarket champagne date wheel for the 13, but it is very dark and not gen looking. BTW...the gold will never wear off of that 13.

100_3295.jpg

Twinsfacingeachother1-resized.jpg

100_3297.jpg

16013onrockback-resized.jpg

100_3299.jpg

But then there's this one. Not much gen about it, but I have a gen crown and tube for it. The case is a jmb 2824 16200 case, drilled by jmb and bezel (pounded out) by jmb. I will be getting a dial from Ingod44. It has a Swiss 2824 with date mechanism removed. Makes a pretty good 1016. (Martin is my hero.)

1016onbackondesk-resized.jpg

1016onbackonrock1-resized.jpg

Just to show that I am not prejudince against 40mm, there is this one...just a ragged old MBW/MBK. It does have a gen crown and tube, along with a Swiss 2836-2. The dial and hands are Noobmariner (at the time they were considered among the best). It has a WSO insert with a WM pearl. It will get a gen insert some day. I'm into 36mm at the moment.

MBKfacecrownup-resized.jpg

MBKonduckface-resized.jpg

And this one. Josh's infamous 5513 running an ETA 2846 slow-beat movement. Some excellerated abuse has been added.

watchonduckdialangle-resized.jpg

The 1016 is the one that I can't take off.

I have wanted a 1675 with a jubilee bracelet since I first saw them. I am watching, with a great deal of interest, the work that is being done with Trevor's 1675. Look's good.

(Sorry...these are the best pics that I can take with a Kodak Easy-Share.)

Edited by preacher62