When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new thoughts on a TW after owning a sean case :/

irolexu

It is better, but only marginally. To most people they would look the same but having handled both I can tell you the Sean case is a tiny bit better. There's a fit and finish, especially inside the case, that the TC doesn't have. Not that the TC is at all bad, it's fantastic! The Sean case is just a little more fantastic...

On the other hand the Sean case is a lot less forgiving of things like stem height. You can make a 2836 work in a TC v4 case, but even a 2824 is a tight squeeze in a Sean case. You really need either a 2892 or 3135 for a Sean case.

• Like 1

On the other hand the Sean case is a lot less forgiving of things like stem height. You can make a 2836 work in a TC v4 case, but even a 2824 is a tight squeeze in a Sean case. You really need either a 2892 or 3135 for a Sean case.

And that is EXACTLY what I love about it. I build these watches in appreciation of the precision machines they are and when something is sloppy or shoddy it drives me effing batty! I wouldn't bother using something that's not 3135-based (maybe a 2892) in a sean case and I'd ALWAYS use a gen dial.

I will start a new thread discussing the build and also a comparison to the TW case that I am coming from. also I will post plenty of before, during, and after pics! so keep in tune guys this is going to be one hell of a super franken when its done!

I will start a new thread discussing the build and also a comparison to the TW case that I am coming from. also I will post plenty of before, during, and after pics! so keep in tune guys this is going to be one hell of a super franken when its done!

woohoo. can't wait