When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Most Expensive Rep?

fliieiieilie

These are the most expensive I've seen:

MBW Daytona with Zenith El Primero Movement.

Pam {forget the model} offered by River with OEM movement. I believe it was close to $3K. :o

This one offered by Aspire has to take the cake :o:o:o Western Union anyone?

http://www.aspire-eshop.com/product_info.p...78b4bdd23b75652

Edited by Jetsons

I agree but in the last year I have spent over $700 for 7753 Daylight's and PAM 187. 7753 187 will probably be closer to $800-1,000. 2893's at $500-600. Now add in crowns. cyclops and service where appropriate. This is one expensive hobby. Hell, Fast Freddy will sell you a solid solid gold Polex President with original movement in the $3,500 range. Solid gold FM Casablance in the $1.500-2,000 range. I am driven less by price and more by quality of movement, aesthetic accuracy and percentage of cost of gen. I refer to it as the "rep ratio". :D There is a core group of folks here who easily spend the price of an excellent gen annually. But then again, gens are no fun.

To quote a famous credit card company

Purchase of non-working chrono rep - $60

Purchase of genuine PAM 196 - $6,000

Purchase of rare genuine Daytona - $14,000

Hearing from Ziggy that he has gotten that bizarre movement in your DW 6263 running flawlessly - Priceless! :D

To quote a famous credit card company

Purchase of non-working chrono rep - $60

Purchase of genuine PAM 196 - $6,000

Purchase of rare genuine Daytona - $14,000

Hearing from The Zigmeister that he has gotten that bizarre movement in your DW 6263 running flawlessly - Priceless! :D

Hahahahaha, I like that :thumbsupsmileyanim:

On "out of the box" rep I probably won't go anymore above the $500 mark on an excellent rep, but I believe when you start working on a project fraken I can reach a higher mark with no problem, but again that's because I don't see it,as I collect part by part and the 600+usd are spread on a several months span...

Passed the $1000 mark I'm out of the rep world, because I think about the gen I could buy at that price (hell a lot of great vintage are in the $1000 range!) - except perhaps a 16520 franken, but I still think I prefer buying a zenith EP gen...

EE 6263, right?

Yup!

Easily the most expensive rep i've bought, or indeed seen (except for the all frankens/solid gold versions).

Great watch though, and reliable movt, compared to the mystery that's inside the DW (now a movt must be bad if it makes an asian 7750 look reliable!)