When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Safari just landed from Trusty

997 s

Joshua @ PerfectClone informed me that this watch is made by noob, which has been raided by the government. There are no stock at this moment, and no one can really say how long the wait will be. Does anyone know if any other factories make this updated version?

Any update on this...?

I placed an order with Trusted dealer for Diver V3, still waiting...

Told I'm not far away in Queue...

The larger hour hand base is a rep characteristic not many people bring up when comparing gen/rep AP ROOs in the forum. Yet to me, it is one of the obvious tells, having it smack in the center of the dial! I have asked my dealer the same thing before: Would it be possible to shave the base down such that the min hand and hour hand have the same size "base".. and gotten a negative reply. I wonder if it could be done on a DIY basis. ;)

The oversized hand tubes cannot be remedied without a different movement or at least canon pinion. The size of the hole on the hand tube for a 7750 is larger than the entire tube on the gen hands. And yes, when I lok at someone's wrist that is the first tell I look for.

The oversized hand tubes cannot be remedied without a different movement or at least canon pinion. The size of the hole on the hand tube for a 7750 is larger than the entire tube on the gen hands. And yes, when I lok at someone's wrist that is the first tell I look for.

W, I want to check with you: For models like the survivor, T3 and Montoya, the hand tubes are not easy tells right, when compared with models like the black theme, chronopassion, volcano etc etc.. I am new to this and have lots to learn yet.

I haven't looked at the reps but on the bigger Survivor and T3 it makes sense. AP is of course using the same pinions as it is the same movement dbut uses a more substantial hand including the size of the hand tube as they are bigger watches than the standard Offshore chrono. In truth, other than in the boutique I don't see either of those watches in the real world. The various standard pieces I see fairly frequently. Just last week I saw my first Vegas in the wild.

They/We need to update the buckle as well to the "no hole on the side" version! Easy fix! Some quartz models have this much better buckle... some dealers can get for it 65 USD!

Explain to me about the lack of side hole, never owned an AP before (but have other deployant clasp watches.)

Shouldn't there be the two release buttons on those sides...?

Not a hornback strap planned as I love the rubber and they suit the diver perfectly.

Doing.....

Asian Movement service (right off the bat)

Crystal AR

Cyclops AR

Crystal height corrected

Bezel screws lowered

Full Re-lume !!!

Waterproofed & Tested

Like this one below:

http://www.rwg.cc/to...he-beauty-farm/

Sending another watch with it for similar treatment as well

Edited by jpohl402