When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Safari just landed from Trusty

997 s

Joshua @ PerfectClone informed me that this watch is made by noob, which has been raided by the government. There are no stock at this moment, and no one can really say how long the wait will be. Does anyone know if any other factories make this updated version?

I am not a pro spotter but i think this version is great... Silver outline, nice structure on the dial, logo looks good etc

The datewheel is the only thing i can see is not like gen meanibg it is not centered and the font is bigger on the gen

Is this the v3 or???

Enjoy th pics on the Gen strap

post-38920-0-28273300-1343248126_thumb.j

post-38920-0-75229900-1343248137_thumb.j

post-38920-0-46363100-1343248147_thumb.j

^The subdials are still not right. They should be slightly recessed into the dial and have a very specific whiteish-silvery color/texture. Very noticeable when you see the gen, hard to see in pics. The reps are just white.

Still, the softer V3 waffle pattern and color + cream datewheel + silver surrounds are a big improvement.

I wonder if you could shave down the base of the hour hand where it is mounted to the pinion to make the hand stack appear more like gen... ?

Post up pics on that gen strap!

^The subdials are still not right. They should be slightly recessed into the dial and have a very specific whiteish-silvery color/texture. Very noticeable when you see the gen, hard to see in pics. The reps are just white.

Still, the softer V3 waffle pattern and color + cream datewheel + silver surrounds are a big improvement.

I wonder if you could shave down the base of the hour hand where it is mounted to the pinion to make the hand stack appear more like gen... ?

Post up pics on that gen strap!

The larger hour hand base is a rep characteristic not many people bring up when comparing gen/rep AP ROOs in the forum. Yet to me, it is one of the obvious tells, having it smack in the center of the dial! I have asked my dealer the same thing before: Would it be possible to shave the base down such that the min hand and hour hand have the same size "base".. and gotten a negative reply. I wonder if it could be done on a DIY basis. ;)