When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AR Coating for my SMP300 Chrono

TimeStopper45

If you are in the US then Vac would be your first call....

If you are in the EU then you have a couple of guys.... Domi or Uwe...

Domi use to use Uwe but is currently getting a deal together with a factory to AR crystals... if successful then you will be looking at crystaless AR.... should know in next few weeks

Uwe's AR is very good but does have a slight yellow hue to it.... which is only really noticeable on darker dials... but its a really picky point of detail...

Domi has recently had problems in his personal life with illness... so he hasnt been in Germany...

He got back last weekish but is trying to catch up with things.... You might find he will reply or that it is possible he doesnt understand the email... His english isnt great and anything too detailed or long winded will cause him problems....

So send him emails in German or Italian

But if its English then make it very clear short words. Domi struggles to pick out what you want from long winded stuff.. ;)

Avoid Taka at the moment he has to all intent and purpose disappeared.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive decided I will just go with a gen crystal. I tried finding out from andrew what the diameter of my crystal is but he doesn't know. Does anybody know the exact crystal diameter of this rep:

N7fY9.jpg

I measured it with a ruler and it looks like its 30.1mm. Should I be looking for 30.5mm crystals only?

Edited by TimeStopper45

Not sure if it'll help you, but I purchased a single AR coated sapphire crystal from an eBay seller and fitted it into my SMP Chrono. $76 seemed better than taking a gamble on the gen but since this was an aftermarket crystal made for the gen, I'm assuming rep and gen are of the same dimensions. Clarity has improved and since it's the underside that has AR, it won't scratch with regular wear. It looks closer to gen at least in my eyes. The rep crystal was probably the worst crystal I've ever had on any watch - rep or gen. It was cloudy and a glare magnet.

3tsIH.jpg

aPNPH.jpg

foOLG.jpg

Edited by edlorpi