When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 111 stopped working help needed

the_rymeister

Hi guys I've recently got a latest version pam 111n from noob factory. Had it for a few days, I gave it a full wind the first day which lasted 2 days, then I wound it again and it was fine, I've gone to pick it up thismorning and it stopped in the night even though it's had a good wind yesterday.

The problem I've got is I've now gone to wind it and it feels as if it's got a full wind as there is resistance and I cannot wind it at all. Any ideas?

May sound stupid but is there anyway it can be unwound or anything I can do?

If not I'll have to send it back to the dealer on my return from holiday :(

Cheers in advance guys

hey buddy, I encountered this.. it can't be unwound obviously but here's what I did to get the balance wheel and hair spring to start moving..

1) place the watch down with the crystal on a flat surface

2) shake the strap in a clockwise/anti-clockwise motion to move the case

a few shakes and the balane wheel will start moving.. works every time..

but it won't be the first time it stops.. happens every two months or so..

cheers!

1) place the watch down with the crystal on a flat surface

Just make sure you have something soft between the watch and the surface! :D

If you need to unwind it, you can remove the caseback, take a small screwdriver, twist the crown to 'wind' it slightly and slightly disengage the click spring on the ratchet wheel (I think that's what it's called?), then push the click spring out of the way using the screwdriver so the wheel can move in either direction freely. BUT... As you push the clickspring, make sure to grip the crown firmly and only let it unwind slowly between your fingers. DO NOT let it unwind freely, that way lies broken movements! :lol:

• 11 months later...

Hey folks, same problem and very frustrated.  None of these tips are helping.  

Got it yesterday, it worked and kept perfect time, then wound down.  I've wound it back (until resistance, don't believe I overwound) and can't get it do anything now.  

This is a 1:1 N00b.  Am I overlooking any tricks?

Thanks, help appreciated! 

I bet if you open it up and remove the bridge over the mainspring youll find it somewhere in there.

Please ignore the message of my enthusiastic colleague watchmaker because if you remove the bridge over de main spring without releasing it's tension parts will fly all across your room. Do not remove any screws or plates if you do not know your way around movements. Just a gentle tap and a close inspection with a 10x loupe and tweezers will do the trick!

Knocking hasn't produced a screw that I can see, but I'd prefer to have a pro or semi-pro open it and give it a look-around for anything more invasive of course.  I'm very much a novice and love the watch and don't want it damaged.  I showed it to a watch repairman at a jeweler nearby; he refused to open it and said most repairmen would as well.  He said the screw could have gotten caught in a gear...he also tried to convince me even replicas are all under warranty, but that didn't make sense to me...but bottom line, he said send it back, don't try to open it. 

• Like 1

Update: took it to a fantastic guy in Arlington, VA on my travels (Lee at 24 Hr Watch Repair on Wilson, if anyone is ever nearabouts).  I tried three other repairmen first who either refused or said they couldn't open it.  Lee whipped it open, found the prodigal screw, gave it a one-over for any cleaning and fine tuning, and then measured the movement--he said it's one of the best replicas he's seen, said the movement was Swiss grade.  

Sealed and running fine now, thanks all for your input.  

Great story and glad we could help. Unfortunately there are still a lot of snob watch makers. Glad you found a friendly one.

Sometimes this stuff can happen as we are talking about replica's but once these sometimes small issues are resolved they are as good as any genuine watch.

Wear it well buddy and keep loving your reps :wub: