When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Has anybody swapped Miyota 8215 with DG2813?

Patek

Hi folks,

I have an Invicta Pro Dive with Miyota 8215 movement. The balance hairspring is damaged and I cannot find any place t order the complete balance assembly. I was wondering if anybody has used a DG2813 or DG4813 instead of Miyota 8215? The ligne is the same, the thickness is very slightly different. But I am not sure about the hand size, stem,... Any advice?

Thanks.

Just FWI, the 2813 will probably be better in that case. The 8926 uses a plastic movement holder so you'll be alright. I have build a few watches using the 8926c as a foundation, including a big crown homage great little watch for th emoney and true diving capabilities.

E

The DG8213 has arrived. Dead! The stem has only 2 positions: setting the time and what is supposed to be setting the date which on turning the crown, makes a grinding noise. I have to talk to the dealer and let him know that the movement is dead. Hope next one will work.

The DG8213 has arrived. Dead! The stem has only 2 positions: setting the time and what is supposed to be setting the date which on turning the crown, makes a grinding noise. I have to talk to the dealer and let him know that the movement is dead. Hope next one will work.

2 position is correct, date and time.

You got it from a dealer? Why not get it from CousinUK or the likes?

The reason that I didn't get it from Cousins is that I am in California. I have spoken to the dealer (actually a reputable watch part trader on the net) late Friday afternoon. He shut down their computer system fro the weekend. He is going to call me on Monday.

• 8 months later...

Greets gents, I'm resurrecting an old thread for a reason......

I've recently had my 6538 to the Spa and Ziggy traded out the dead DG movement for a Miyota.  The hands swapped right over.

Now I'd like to upgrade to a better gilt hands set, with a nice long thin minutes hand. 

Who has the best hands?   Your opinions please?

Thank you in advance.

Thanks for the photos.  Is it the angle or does the minutes hand extend past the chapter ring?

That's what bugs me about my DG hands... the minutes is too short.  I'd like to get it right to the CR.

• 3 weeks later...