When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

J&W 6263: That Big Red Freshness

lhooq

Small update.  Last month, I sent my Daytona off to the ZMeister for a parts swap.  For anyone who has ever wondered about the difference between Ofrei pushers and genuine (slightly used) units, take a look:

zxIMG_9474_cr-X3.jpg

That's the Ofrei pusher below.  Yes, it's been knocked around a few times!

There is a difference here, though it's not noticeable until you get in close.  On the gen the edges are sharper and the grooves are deeper.  Dimensionally, there are no deviations that I can discern.

So is it worth the hundreds of dollars to upgrade to gen pushers?  Eh... Sure. 

Are you aware that Rolex fit (at least) 3 different versions of those pushers to the 62xx Daytona over the years? That is why the Ofreis look slightly different than the others.

Yes, I am.  The Ofreis are closest to what Mazzariol/Patrizzi refer to as Mark 3 pushers, and those are what I bought for my supposedly late-1970s Daytona. 

Great looking build, and very cool update.

I'd really like to find a dial that I'm happy with. The others that I have are all just close enough to where I notice the small flaws. 199 out of 200 people wouldn't notice, but the one time, the ONE guy DOES notice...and it's all over.

I like the comment about "doubt" being a cancer...so true.

M,

looking good bro.....I hope you got a killer deal on MK3's.....as always ur buids and foto skills are amazing....LOL!!!

Not as good as your deal on pushers, but it was a better price than I've been seeing on VRM lately.  And thanks!