When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep YM with gen 3135 Would ther be any interest

mymanmatt

I have a rep YM with the asian sa3135. Not the clone 2836-2 but the full size copy. I also have a 100% gen 16220 datejust with a gen 3135 movement. I was just thinking, what if I switched the movements out, would the YM have a high value, say $3000.00 and would the datejust have a value of say $1000.00 Just thinking that's all! What are your opinions. The YM has all the correct markings from correct model number and more. What do you guys think.

Nobody would pay 3000$ for a rep with gen movement only.

3135 value is around 1500$-1700$ depending on the sevice history.. plus the value of the rep parts, around 100$. Total value 1600$-1700$ and it will not be easy to sell.

What's the reason of having a bad dial, bad case and gen movement? imho gen mov is worth if you add at least a gen dial, crystal and hands.

It will not be a "superfranken" or "uberfranken", it's just a rep with a gen movement

The dj all gen with a sa3135 yes, will be around 1000$

what you guys said makes perfect sense. However I can't find a gen 3135 movement for less than $1900, and I bet it needs a sevice no matter what the seller says. You guys are correct about a rep dial on a gen movement. The only way to do it right is a gen YM dial, 400 to 600, gen hands, another 60.00, then of course a gen platinum insert, who knows how much that would cost if you could find one, and oh yes, gen crystal, and bezel. LOL I think I can buy a good used one by know. Thanks for the fun, Matt

• 5 weeks later...

used YM seem to go for less and less on the used forums these days. you can find an excellent condition YM with box and papers in the 5500 range. The investment in a Wm9 plus the gen parts, by my own estimate of what it would cost to get my own BK wm9 to super franken territory, would be in the $4500 range....if I ever think about it I just look at TRF for 10 minutes and realize if I ever get crazy I'll sell my wm9 and go gen

used YM seem to go for less and less on the used forums these days. you can find an excellent condition YM with box and papers in the 5500 range. The investment in a Wm9 plus the gen parts, by my own estimate of what it would cost to get my own BK wm9 to super franken territory, would be in the $4500 range....if I ever think about it I just look at TRF for 10 minutes and realize if I ever get crazy I'll sell my wm9 and go gen

Agree with you. I love my YM and it's on my list of gens to get one day. My nephew loves it and I can only pass down a gen! Knowing me, I will keep my rep until I am on my death bed and at the last second,buy the gen to hand down!!!