When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wow! GMT 2 from Andrew

hambone

The mailman made my day when he delivered my Rollie GMT two tone from our friend Andrew. The time piece

is absolutely beautiful and flawless. This is my first Rolex, and I am happy as a lottery winner to get this watch.

This quick I Phone pic is not the best, but believe me, the watch rocks!

post-3251-0-69654800-1344026040_thumb.jp

Thank you TeeJay

Be warned, Rolex is a sickness... It creeps up on you, but once it has you, there's no escape... Just a matter of what variations take your fancy at any given time, as these are likely to change over time and exposure... :)

Be warned, Rolex is a sickness... It creeps up on you, but once it has you, there's no escape... Just a matter of what variations take your fancy at any given time, as these are likely to change over time and exposure... :)

Wise words TeeJay, Sadly, I have fallen victim to this malady by way of Panerai. With luck , perhaps

the Rolex fetish will be under control, however, your heads up is duly noted and appreciated.post-3251-0-25306900-1344054654_thumb.jp

Here is another pic

Wise words TeeJay, Sadly, I have fallen victim to this malady by way of Panerai. With luck , perhaps

the Rolex fetish will be under control, however, your heads up is duly noted and appreciated.post-3251-0-25306900-1344054654_thumb.jp

Here is another pic

Looking good :good::drinks: As a former PAMophile myself, I know how the sickness takes hold, and sadly with Rolex, it is just, as bad, if not worse, as there's more model variants, and then sub-variants within the range of models. For example, we're both wearing GMT Masters, but they're both still apples and oranges in terms of comparing the two... As mentioned, it's just a case of which era/variations take your fancy at any given time :tu: :tu:

Looking good :good::drinks: As a former PAMophile myself, I know how the sickness takes hold, and sadly with Rolex, it is just, as bad, if not worse, as there's more model variants, and then sub-variants within the range of models. For example, we're both wearing GMT Masters, but they're both still apples and oranges in terms of comparing the two... As mentioned, it's just a case of which era/variations take your fancy at any given time :tu: :tu:

Yes Sir TeeJay, I am eyeing the Milgauss closely. This rep also seems to be a stellar watch. Do you agree?

Fantastic looking piece H ;) just got my Gmt from Trevor albeit in ss, gutted though I've had to send mine back as crystal is marked inside :fool: they are a great piece and feel really good on the wrist too, enjoy!

Yes Sir TeeJay, I am eyeing the Milgauss closely. This rep also seems to be a stellar watch. Do you agree?

100% The modern Milgauss isn't one which appeals to me personally (I'm not keen on the second hand, the mixed lume colors or the amount of mirror polishing for my own personal wear), but, I do think it is an incredibly well replicated watch, and equally, a very nice piece, infact, I'd go so far as to list it as one of the best of recent replications :victory: Given the past pieces you've had in your collection, where you live, and the work you do, I think it's a piece which would totally fit in to all those criteria, and is definitely the piece for you :good::drinks:

• Like 1

Thank you kindly guy's for the compliments. I am really blown away by the quality of this rep. It really

is a pleasure to own and wear.

I would say that the GMT's are my favorite along the Rolex line. I would love to get a coke bezel one day. well done Hambone.....enjoy. :)

Mike

Photos really do not do this variant justice in capturing just how magic/retro-tastic/Big-Pimpin/on the DownLow this watch is, bro,it's a marvel in contradictions in that it's eye-catching yet subtle at the same time :good::drinks: The red of the bezel perfectly accents the red of the GMT hand, and somehow, just makes it really pop. The one I bought a few years ago was intended as a stag night auction for my friend's wedding, but the best man vetoed the idea so people wouldn't blow their beer budgets, so I kept the watch myself, and I have to admit, from the first time I opened the packaging, it totally grabbed me by the balls, and it has an intrisic quality which photos just never capture, so I can't stress strongly enough just what a 'must have piece' this one is for any collection :good::drinks:

Thanks TeeJay for your view on the Millgauss. When I drive to work on the Las Vegas strip, there is a Jeweler who has a giant billboard

of the Millgauss. It is not as fetching as the GMT, but still a great looking time piece. No doubt it will be in the collection shortly. Is there a

watchaholics anonymous?

Thanks TeeJay for your view on the Millgauss. When I drive to work on the Las Vegas strip, there is a Jeweler who has a giant billboard

of the Millgauss. It is not as fetching as the GMT, but still a great looking time piece. No doubt it will be in the collection shortly. Is there a

watchaholics anonymous?

Only this place... Plenty of enabling, and no Twelve Step program :good::drinks:

I bet that billboard looks stunning :tu: I know it's not the right piece for my collection (although some of the vintage Milgauss models would be a different matter :whistling: ) but I can't deny it's place as one of the best reps of recent years, and unlike the DSSD, which has countless versions, they pretty much just hit it out of the park on the first try with that one, so it definitely deserves a place in the spotlight :victory:

I meant to ask, is your daughter still pursuing a career in tattooing? If so, I hope it's going well for her :)

Photos really do not do this variant justice in capturing just how magic/retro-tastic/Big-Pimpin/on the DownLow this watch is, bro,it's a marvel in contradictions in that it's eye-catching yet subtle at the same time :good::drinks: The red of the bezel perfectly accents the red of the GMT hand, and somehow, just makes it really pop. The one I bought a few years ago was intended as a stag night auction for my friend's wedding, but the best man vetoed the idea so people wouldn't blow their beer budgets, so I kept the watch myself, and I have to admit, from the first time I opened the packaging, it totally grabbed me by the balls, and it has an intrisic quality which photos just never capture, so I can't stress strongly enough just what a 'must have piece' this one is for any collection :good::drinks:

Hey T....good to hear from you bro. :) I agree...I must get on of these GMT's. Im actually looking at some coke's atm. I'll hit you up with a message soon as to get some suggestions...Im very new to the Rollies.

Talk soon. :drinks:

Mike

Hey T....good to hear from you bro. :) I agree...I must get on of these GMT's. Im actually looking at some coke's atm. I'll hit you up with a message soon as to get some suggestions...Im very new to the Rollies.

Talk soon. :drinks:

Mike

Sounds like a plan, bro, look forward to hearing from you :good::drinks: