When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Ugly Ceramic bezel SUB...

Rockwell

Got this Sub ceramic bezel here in the Philippines. I know its ugly compared to what you guys have, but it has to start somewhere.

*I want to adjust the crystal since its not centered as seen in the pics, the cyclops and etched crown is not centered, at first i thought

it was only the cyclops, but then i realized that it was the whole crystal that needed to be twisted a little bit, should i adjust it or leave it?*

Thanks in advance guys, any feed backs, opinions and/or suggestions is very much welcome... Need those to learn.

Post1-1.jpg

Post5-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

13.jpg

8.jpg

9-1.jpg

Best thing to do to sort out the crystal is to check the 'How To's ' many of them are pictorial...

If you want tools go to Watchbitz in the TD section.. he is also close to you relatively speaking and you get just what you need with the knowledge its been offered by someone who personally checks what he sells :) and is a great guy.. :) If you contact Offshore direct he will help you through it and help you put together a good starter kit which you can build upon once you grow in confidence and skill... :)

However dont rush it.... buy a cheapie try some practicing .... condsider the investment you are making in tools etc against whether you are going to commit to do things like this yourself..

Or consider popping into a friendly watchsmith... I am sure he would do that while you wait... if you cant find one then go to a mod.... I think Goin is closest to you...

I would spend a good few hours reseaching on here... you will find plenty of info mate and by doing that you will have time to consider your options :)

Id leave it alone. When you get straight it will be at the top of the date window, just as annoying.. Find a good crystal and install it.

I'm thinking of leaving it alone too. but everytime i look. the crown etching on the 6 of the crystal and the cyclops annoys me... haha

Maybe i'll get used to it, had it for 2months now though... hehehe

:)

• 4 weeks later...

Got this Sub ceramic bezel here in the Philippines. I know its ugly compared to what you guys have, but it has to start somewhere.

*I want to adjust the crystal since its not centered as seen in the pics, the cyclops and etched crown is not centered, at first i thought

it was only the cyclops, but then i realized that it was the whole crystal that needed to be twisted a little bit, should i adjust it or leave it?*

Thanks in advance guys, any feed backs, opinions and/or suggestions is very much welcome... Need those to learn.

Post1-1.jpg

Post5-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

13.jpg

8.jpg

9-1.jpg

It does not look bad at all! How is the metal strap? Is it thick, and does the watch have weight? Most people, even owners of original watches

can not see difference, and do not have eye for detail. I had a 100US$ Breitling, that looked great, only the Crown was not like the orig. But Manufactures change all

the time, and change little things, so most will never see the difference!! It is your attitude, how you ware your watch! Only watch collectors and sellers can tell the difference, but even they have to take a close look! Because a watch is made up by little details you can not see from a glance! Wear it! Nobody needs to know, only when you would sell it for the real thing. I have two AP's that are quartz movements, but the Watch and Straps look like the real thing. Even when most clearly look at it they do not know [censored]!! That is the Fun part of it. You just have to say that it is real, and 99% will believe so! Try it and you will see!! Even wear it obviously, and enter a Rolex Store, when normally you do not get attention, they will stand up and greet you, assist you, because they saw you enter with a Rolex on your wrist! I do it all the time, and every time it works!!

Actually, it doesnt look so bad. If you had not pointed it out, it would have taken me a long time to figure out what was wrong with the watch lol.

It matters the most when its your watch, and you have to look at it all the time. To the rest, it says "oh ok, another Rolex Submariner". :drinks:

• 2 months later...