When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen 16610 Sub Insert Fitment

red series 3

I keep on reading different stories about which sub cases fit gen inserts and which don't. I remember reading on the gen rolex forums that this discussion happens as well with gen owners having black and green bezels and changing them.

When it comes to returning to the other bezel they have had major issues with getting them to fit and I think I remember a post about somebody pushing the insert evenly down on a bottle neck and then fitting it in easily.

Has anybody tried this here? Or tried freezing the insert and then trying to fit

I'll try to dig up the post.

I just don't know if I could bring myself to file down a gen LV insert to get it to fit.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=243940&highlight=sub+insert+issues

Edited by Red Series 3

I've used the bottle technique.

Some bezels have a larger lip then others. My 1680 is like that. as a result you have to make the outer diameter slightly smaller. I couldn't get a modern replacement or the my gen blue nisert to fit without decreasing the size of it with a bottle. Once I did that, it went on with no problems. Have never had the issue with my 16800 or the extra bezel I have for it.

I've experienced the same issues putting a gen insert into the TC and Clark bezel.

A crystal press has always seemed to work for me.

I'd shave the bottom of the insert if necessary (to clear the retaining ring) but I couldn't bring myself to sand the outer diameter of a gen insert.

Once that's been done it's no longer of any use for a gen owner and it's not likely to ever fit any other bezel ring correctly.