When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ahh CRAP! I ordered the wrong dial didnt I? 16800 instead of 16610?

CatchingFire

So I bought a Yuki dial "16800/16610" and matching ETA hands before I really did all of the research on the minute difference of Rolex dials.

So I wanted to put this into a modern case (no lug holes case). But, this particular dial is for a pre luminova watch and therefore a lug hole case, right?

So it is totally wrong for a TW best type case huh?

Or am I being to critical?

Who is really going to notice the T<25 when the watch is on my wrist......besides me that is?

So now I shove this one in a drawer and contact who for a modern dial?

post-46532-0-47989900-1345055962_thumb.j

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Im sure yuki will take it back as long as its in the same condition as it was when you got it.. They are nice, at least to me, i have returnd a few things to them without any problems that i bought weong from them :) you should email them and ask ;)

Thanks for the suggestion.

But with all of the 16800 projects going on I am tempted to read through the crap-load of threads and start putting the parts aside to build an early 16610.

From what I am learning, patience is a virture for collecting the correct parts to build the modern-vintage subs.

What sucks is my watchmaker clipped the dial feet (to fit an ETA) before pointing out to me that the dial was incorrect for my specific purpose. I stopped him before he mounted the dial though.

So, it looks like returning it is not an option.

But thinking about it

Maybe I should transfer the Bezel assebly, crown, etc to a startime case along with this dial. It would make a pretty quick project of an early 16610 or late 16800 wouldnt it?

BTW Aligoat, that watch is superb!

Edited by CatchingFire

Personally speaking, I would only consider that dial to go with a lug hole case (if you want to be accurate) as I feel that the 16800 needs lug holes and the older-style bracelet, where the 16610 needs solid lugs and solid end links to separate between the two models of watch. When the line blurs between that variation, that's when I think "What's the point in calling it a ..... when the details could equally be a ...." If you're not too anal about such a small detail, then just case it up however you want and enjoy it :victory: Equally, you might consider selling it on here, as 16800s are a popular build, and someone might be willing to take it off your hands for a reasonable price :good::drinks:

• 1 month later...