When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ultimate AP Montauk?

Guys,

I was fortunate enough to have a fellow and local member sell me his MH today.

List of mods:

- Gen rubber strap

- Gen buckle:

- Vac Movement Service

- Vac AR crystal:

- Vac AR cyclops:

- Vac waterproof:

- PbDad hand color correction

- PbDad bezel color correction

- PbDad dial color correction

- PbDad rebrush case

- PbDad rebrush bezel

Now to the pics :D

DSC_0201.jpg

DSC_0203.jpg

DSC_0205.jpg

DSC_0206.jpg

DSC_0208.jpg

DSC_0228.jpg

DSC_0221.jpg

DSC_0217.jpg

Pics updated!

awesome! is it a catch and release by chance? :)

Not a catch and release but maybe in about a month or so ;)

what he mean by correct dial colour ... is the cream off white now .. as before its was white !!

Thank you...I believe he does something to the entire dial and inner bezel though. The brown and blue areas have also been worked.

Not saying that my friend I'm just merely pointing the colour are not close .. as I have 2 x MH Reps

P.s great new pics juts posted looking awesome on the white rubber

Edited by zorrolondon

sorry can not edit my post

also sorry crap on your thread but no mods can make the colors identical to the gen...nice mods though

Not saying that my friend I'm just merely pointing the colour are not close.. as I have 2 x MH Reps and they are not close either.

Not saying that my friend I'm just merely pointing the colour are not close .. as I have 2 x MH Reps

P.s great new pics juts posted looking awesome on the white rubber

I own a nice specimen of the MH too, and honestly, who cares if the dial color is wrong. There are 300 pieces of the gen watch, and the color is close enough to pass casual scrutiny in my opinion. As per all reps, these flaws are most noticeable by us, the rep collectors, even if a lot of us do own gens. ;)

It is a beautiful watch in its own right. A shade off the blue here, a shade off the white there. Its inevitable I guess, given the fact that its a rep. I would still have to say its a darn good rep, and I am happy with it. I have worn this everywhere since I got it, and even at a recent watch enthusiasts meet,I had to explain to many other members that this is a rep. I do own about 6 gen ROOs and I would have to say I am happy with this. Getting a gen Montauk Highway is not simply a matter of affording it. It is a rare edition, and hard to find in real life. I suppose this would also mean that meeting an owner of the gen MH is an extremely unlikely affair for a side by side comparison to occur.

For those with the MH rep, wear it well, it is a beautiful watch in its own right, especially when strapped with the gen hornback! :)

Peace all.

• 2 weeks later...

@leged killer

Im totally aware of the the small difference between the 2 as I bought the rep first the gen ... and posted comparison thread about how close it they are !! I So I don't need introduction on the how the colours off slightly... but in the pics but easy spot in the wild .. IM not counting all my gens!!

Anyway going back .. to why I posted the remark was I.e regarding the mods have not really made much difference in colour to the original rep ..so please read before you

rant on about the obvious !!!

@leged killerIm totally aware of the the small difference between the 2 as I bought the rep first the gen ... and posted comparison thread about how close it they are !! I So I don't need introduction on the how the colours off slightly... but in the pics but easy spot in the wild .. IM not counting all my gens!!Anyway going back .. to why I posted the remark was I.e regarding the mods have not really made much difference in colour to the original rep ..so please read before yourant on about the obvious !!!
Issue with Zorrolondon closed. Sorry to disappoint you guys, no fist fights! :drinks:

Now this im going to follow :) it was years ago i saw a good knuckle fight :D

No man, no fighting, I just needed to speak my mind once and that was it. I have nothing against zorrolondon personally, just his one post. That has been addressed and done with. ;)

:popcorn:

I'll gladly supply you with real ones plus a beer or 6 if and when we meet. But don't camp here waiting to see a show man. lol.