When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Doxa Alert

Nanuq

Alright gents, it's the buy of the year. Up on Fleabay for GBP 575.00 B.I.N. is a Doxa SUB 300 (no "T") with the orange Professional dial. It looks good, complete, etc. but there is damage to the dial.

These are rare as hen's teeth. Yes the damage is non-trivial, but that can be fixed.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Doxa-Sub-300-Professional-no-T-very-rare-first-issue-Orange-dial-Doxa-/180955679986

OMG !! I cant believe that its available let alone that price... as you say the dial isnt simple but it is very fixable... by professional dial restorers.. though I aint sure I would fix it if I had it... like he says its a 45 year old watch and a classic.. He seems to have done some work to it... I wonder if its a car boot pick up ;)

Its something now thats going to make me think.... ??

I wonder what the offers were?

Thanks for sharing mate :)

Edited by PeteM

Question is, how hard will it be to source a nice BOR bracelet for this one?

You're on your own, mate..... I just sold my last Beads of Rice to Offshore. All gone now, you're at the mercy of eBay.

Guys, thuis probably illustrates the drop in Doxa prices. 3-4 years ago, this one would have been gone in 30 minutes!! now it's expired, and may be relisted. Another one i saw was a Synchron Divingstar (Yellow dial) these are pretty rare as well, it's been up for 3+days only up to 416.00 USD. Of course, it could go through the roof in the last 5 minutes, but after looking at vintage Doxas prices on WUS, TZ and Ebay, I'm pretty convinced that they are not as popular as they were a few years back.

My first ever Doxa wasa 300T professional, witha great story. i bought it off Ebay for 800.00 USD, it was dirty, bezel stuck, but intact. I got it cleaned up, repainted the bezel numbers, and wore it for a couple of years. I sold it in 2007 for 1500.00 USD. a few weeks ago, the felow I sold it to decided he needed a racing bicycle more thna he needed a Doxa. He asked me to find out what they were going for. I gave him some references to look up on Ebay,And the various genuinre sales forums, he sold it to me for 1100.00 USD, which was probably more than he could have gotten for it on Ebay, but I wanted it back. So in a period of 7 years the price went from 800 to 1500 and back to 1100. This illustrates something that a really astute pen collector told me years ago. He told me, "buy 'em cause you love them, not to make a profit.The only ones that have a really good chance of appreciation are the rare ones in pristine condition, they are the ones the serious collectors want. the rest may go up, but often they come down just as fast or faster"