When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Patek Philippe - Fake?

Indexer

Hi Nik,

Welcome1.jpg

I'm sure you will get some good info. You may want to upload the pictures to http://photobucket.com and then copy the IMG Code into the post here for all to see the pictures. That will probably work best.

The IMG code looks like this [.IMG]http://i73.photobuck...ey/Welcome1.jpg without that dot --> [.IMG]

You gotta post higher resolution pics. Can't see anything. Easiest way to tell if it's fake: check the movement engravings. Real Pateks have beautiful gold engravings on the movement. Replicas have pretty ugly engravings on the rotor only, and almost never any engravings on the rest of the movement.

FlyingDutchman - thanks for the swift response. Pity it's a fake but I guess when you get given a watch the chances of it being worth real money is very low.

What are the tell tale signs then?

Thanks for investing the time.

Edited by Indexer

The tells here is every thing about the watch there is no one thing that gives it away more than the whole. Go to a Patel dealer and have a look at the real ones

It is the difference between a cheep Korean car and a bespoke rolls Royce, not a normal rolls but a bespoke one!

From your small photos I suspected a chinese movement, and the larger pics prove it. Look at the movement in the watch. It's cheap stamped metal. A real Patek is decorated and polished and full of hand craftsmanship.

Sorry for your loss!

From your small photos I suspected a chinese movement, and the larger pics prove it. Look at the movement in the watch. It's cheap stamped metal. A real Patek is decorated and polished and full of hand craftsmanship.

Sorry for your loss!

It was given to him...so he got lucky. No money out of pocket.