When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Diver V3

Guest vintage.israel

Guest vintage.israel

hello guys,

i have an AP V3 for about 1 month

i woke up this morning, and noticed an dent on bezel.

quite big

i put a genuine strap on it and bought the one one with sw movement

someone can tell me what shall i do to repair it or send it too

i want the watch to be polished

and relumed

and the cyclop is not the best too

it is not on same height everwhere

dent at 4

screw at 10 also

would love advice...

cheers

post-46969-0-04991300-1345818307_thumb.j

Wow....what the hell did you do....you have also deep scratches @5.......but it adds character to the watch! It's a sports/divers watch.....

Try Cape Cod for those scratches and learn to live with the dents!

You could order the bezel from your source/TD if you want it to look new......maybe half dozen, you might need that......lol! ;)

Good luck

I feel your pain... I did similar to mine on my first day wearing it and I had no idea it even happened.

It can't be 100% fixed, but it can be cleaned up to the point where you won't really notice. You just have to take the caseback off, remove all the bezel screws, remove the bezel, and remove the crystal.

Then you can carefully press the dented metal back down in and run the bezel against some sandpaper to rebrush. Then hit the side with a dremel and some polishing compound. If done right it'll look good. There is no point getting a new bezel cuz it'll just happen again. I've seen gen's with some real nasty dings and dents before too

For the bezel screw, again you can press the metal down, and then hit with the dremel and polishing compound. Now place this screw at one of the 6-oclock positions when reinstalling and try turning it around to see which side-up 'hides' the damage from your view the most as the reflection will hide the damage from your view better one way vs the other.

+

When you wear AP get in the habit of putting your wrist behind your back when you go around corners, through doorways, in cars, elevators, etc. Prevention will buy you some time before this happens again ;)

Edited by mt666tm

Since the dent is in the bezel, I feel that a re-sanding of the bezel will lessen the problem but not remove it, since the dents are also on the side of the bezel.

If you are always cracking your watch against metal, maybe you want DLC coated watches instead of brush/polish!!

Guest vintage.israel

I feel your pain... I did similar to mine on my first day wearing it and I had no idea it even happened.

It can't be 100% fixed, but it can be cleaned up to the point where you won't really notice. You just have to take the caseback off, remove all the bezel screws, remove the bezel, and remove the crystal.

Then you can carefully press the dented metal back down in and run the bezel against some sandpaper to rebrush. Then hit the side with a dremel and some polishing compound. If done right it'll look good. There is no point getting a new bezel cuz it'll just happen again. I've seen gen's with some real nasty dings and dents before too

For the bezel screw, again you can press the metal down, and then hit with the dremel and polishing compound. Now place this screw at one of the 6-oclock positions when reinstalling and try turning it around to see which side-up 'hides' the damage from your view the most as the reflection will hide the damage from your view better one way vs the other.

+

When you wear AP get in the habit of putting your wrist behind your back when you go around corners, through doorways, in cars, elevators, etc. Prevention will buy you some time before this happens again ;)

Please how do i even take the crystal off? :)

• 3 weeks later...

the dent can be reduced .. but with coarse grit sanding first .. I don't think its can be totally bushed out from what i can see ... looks a little to deep .as for the hex at 10 that can be polished out,,, with medium stone wheel first !!

the dent can be reduced .. but with coarse grit sanding first .. I don't think its can be totally bushed out from what i can see ... looks a little to deep .as for the hex at 10 that can be polished out,,, with medium stone wheel first !!

And the carbon grand prix watch can be had for more than 2,100BGP right :lol: