When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

16014 dial combo?

Hello,

I'm putting together a 16014 franken and have a question about a possible dial combination.

Does anyone know if there are any 16014s with a champagne dial with YG markers? I don't mean a 16013 with a YG bezel and crown, but this dial with WG bezel. I've seen a few 16014 with a white dial with YG markers and some others that had a champagne coloured dial, but I'm not sure if these just have silver dial and the light causes the change of colour.

This is the dial in question:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Rolex-Datejust-Ziffernblatt-champagne-index-/300762812791?pt=Ersatzteile&hash=item4606dc5177

maybe not the best picture, but the colour does not appear to be very yellowish like the 16013 have, I'll post a better picture when the dial arrives.

If anyone knows such a combo, please post the pictures here!

Thanks!

That would not be a combo I've seen in the real world.

But this look might suit you

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Rolex-Oyster-Perpetual-Datejust-36mm-Stahl-Weissgoldlunette-Leder-Ref-16014-/180961402341?pt=DE_Kleidung_Schmuck_Accessoires_Uhren_Armbanduhren&hash=item2a2223dde5

The silver dials do take on an aged tinge and i think they look great.

Get a silver stick dial or a tapestry dial.

I like Red's example. I'd personally stay away from a champagne dial, but it's really up to you.

My 16014's dial has faded from silver to an oyster beige- that was common on Rolex dials in the 60s and 70s

DSC03860.jpg

The watch over in Munich says silvery, but it looks pretty white in the pic, but the contrast of the dial and the gold sticks and hands is nice.

Here's one I put together for another member. All gen except ETA, hands and date overlay (I think it was a clarks crystal too. .)

Davids.jpg

Here's a silver stick dial with a nice patina I sold several months ago. Not a 16014 with the engine turned bezel, but patina is similar to alligoat's example.

sale015.jpg

The center is my favorite DJ - again all gen but the ETA, hands and overlay.

Frankens006.jpg

I love Datejusts. :)

This is the dial in question:

http://www.ebay.de/i...=item4606dc5177

As others have said, that is not a dial that Rolex would have fit into that case. A yellow gold dial would be typical of a 16013, which would have a yellow gold crown & bezel (& likely a champagne datewheel). That is not to say you cannot do it & I am sure that a number of dealers listed on RWG will be happy to put together whatever combination of dial & case you want.