When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Crime Inc. - Counterfeit Goods on CNBC

danielv2000

Just saw a report of counterfeit goods on CNBC. Main focus was purses, Dr. Dre Beats and wine (!) but interesting.

This is huge business. It's a multi-billion industry. The funniest thing was that they interviewed a guy who was in the business for 16 years and made millions. He said,"I sold fake to buy real! Fake is fake. Real is real"

It's insane how many Dr Dre beats were destroyed. That's why I will never buy anything on eBay!

Its big money for sure and a lot of bent money in it....

Counterfeiting goods goes to the most ridiculous of stuff.....

Razor blades, Shampoo, Toothpaste..... etc etc.... Even chocolate... and of course fags... alcohol..... cigars... you name it... its counterfeited!!

You tend to find those sorts of goods in the fleamarkets and pound/dollar shops....

I know what you mean mate.... I guess its easier because the process of ordering and the forums like here and the community it creates makes it easier... if not then almost an aside to the actual issue of counterfeiting...

There is no defense to it or rather nothing that can justify it in a righteous way....I dont mean specifically in terms of watches but in terms of counterfeiting across the board..

At the end of the day counterfeiting of any item is tied up with all sorts of underworld/illegal activity and/or helps advance the aims and ambitions of those people involved...

There are many dealers outside our forums that are not quite as 'reputable' as our TDs....so on the whole we cannot as buyers of these products justify it in any legal sense..

However I would not compare myself to a shop lifter..... maybe you could say I am more like the guy that places my order with the shoplifter to get me specific items...

Does it make me feel bad?

Well I guess I feel no worse than the guys that make orders or purchase contracts with unregulated companies and dismal emplyment records who then go on to reep huge profits from the consumers they sell too.... or the individuals that are party to the decisions that drive our financial institutions and their attitude and actions against individuals or those of members of governments that overlook the interests of ordinary people in favour of the multi nationals and other interested parties that have financial power and undue influence...

:)

"How do you guys feel about it? Technically we are knowingly supporting illegal activities and when you think about it we're not better than shoplifters. I must admit I sometimes feel bad about it."

If it really bothers you...buy replicas from other members in the 'Watches For Sale' section. This way the crime has already been committed and you are just buying a watch from a friend. :kissing:

To qualify as a shoplifter...steal one from another member. :ph34r:

Does it all bother me?

Deeply. Very deeply.

More than anyone will ever know.

Some days I can not get out of the house. :cry2:

Yeah sure...