When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The $64,000.........a'hem, $100,000 Ebay Question?

freddy333

I'm going to say gen, possibly with a replacement to the mid-case over the years, but I would have thought that if it had gone in for servicing recently enough for the case to be replaced, they probably would have done something about the dial as well... I think the markers might simply have migrated over the years, rather than being a 'factory seconds' (which I doubt Rolex would have released anyway) Only other possibility, is that a Master Forger has built this and intentionally re-finished the dial thus as a kind of double-bluff ie who in their right mind would intentionally put the markers on that off-center... :g::pardon:

On another note, I love that linen-dial OysterDate :wub:

I think they are all gens, but every 1 has issues. Each watch has some component or components that appear to be either aftermarket, swapped from a different gen model or modified in some way.

That said, while $100 grand is alot of cash, it may be a good deal if you price each watch individually. The way I see it, he could probably get another $20k by parting the collection out. So, if you look at it that way, it is a bargain. Still, you would not end up with 100% correct examples, which I am sure is why the seller is offering them as a package deal.